Gallery: Your desktop

Nice Nate! E-Machines is not bad, but not the best either.

I'm getting a 940. I'll tell you how much of a difference I can get from a P4.

I'd say emachines is alright but for the price you can't really beat it. I had one and I ragged the heck out of it, never gave me much grief either. After about 4 or 5 years it finally died not long ago. I replaced the PSU and it worked but then the GPU died. I decided I didn't want to hang on to it that much so I parted it out.

I'm curious as to what the difference between a Pentium D 940 and a pentium 4 is, I've thought about building a second PC with a pentium D but I wasn't sure if it would be worth the upgrade or not.

I'd say emachines is alright but for the price you can't really beat it. I had one and I ragged the heck out of it, never gave me much grief either. After about 4 or 5 years it finally died not long ago. I replaced the PSU and it worked but then the GPU died. I decided I didn't want to hang on to it that much so I parted it out.

I'm curious as to what the difference between a Pentium D 940 and a pentium 4 is, I've thought about building a second PC with a pentium D but I wasn't sure if it would be worth the upgrade or not.
pentium D is dual core but it is just like 2 p4 chips soldered together , intel never made a new arcitecture for them cos they wanted dual core chips on the market quickly , now they have the core line which had a whole new arcitecture and so is better

new backround

63933fs.jpg

Too bad you can't take out the parts of your HUD otherwise it would be a nice screenshot.

Back
Top Bottom