intel core 2 ?

ya but the 680i mother bord lets me o/c my components individually
witch is good i guise

yeah but multiplier overclocking is much better as it lets yo keep the bus the same meaning no stability issues from high bus speeds

The Extreme editions have their multipliers locked. The others need a CPU hack that could be risky...because you might lose it.

just out of interest how high can you put the multiplier and couldnt you lower the multiplier get a higher bus speed cos although sometimes high bus speeds cause some stability issues dosent high bus speed mean overall performance is good

It depends on the CPU infrastructure. The S478 Prescott has a multiplier up to 11x.

my northwood has a 21x but its locked and it is satying thatway i remember the old unlocking method on socket A athlons and durons

Or was it 21? I don't remember well.

I tried unlocking mine, but it didn't work. First, mine is a soldered in Athlon and a soldered in Duron, and second, the BIOSes does not have multiplier feature.

Or was it 21? I don't remember well.

I tried unlocking mine, but it didn't work. First, mine is a soldered in Athlon and a soldered in Duron, and second, the BIOSes does not have multiplier feature.
just divid your clcok speed by your bus ,
the athlon xp i had could be unlocked by shorting some bridges on the chip , they didnt have a metal heatspreader like intels and mine used to run hot as hell sometimes in the high 40's just idling

Well, it could be unlocked, but the BIOS does not have OC capabilities via the multiplier.

Back
Top Bottom