Processor upgrade or RAM upgrade??¿¿

So theres this computer right...its pretty crappy...amd sempron 3400+ 512 mb RAM geforce 6150 LE graphics card and its used mostly for the internet and one game called COUNTERSTRIKE...it has ceased to work with counterstrike and has become very very very SLOW. Should I upgrade the cpu or the RAM. The cpu load is only usually about 5-25% without CS and 100% with CS running. Is it the processor or the RAM most likely?¿?
hey i have a sempron 3300 512 ram and onboard graphics and it lagged on medium settings, so i upgraded the ram and the gpu (the gpu wasnt much better, but it was better than onboard.)
one more 512 stick ram, and a $20 gpu later, i can run cs with most of the settings high. my cpu loads 100% also but thats normal.

get up to a gig ram and maybe a GeForce 7300 and you will be able to play all settings high.

If it was working ok previously but not now, then its another issue causing the problem. Could be a virus, or bad houskeeping etc.
this is because more processes are running. he probably meant in the early months of his computer, counterstrike would work fine, but after all the crap he loaded onto it, ocunterstrike starts to lag.

Something tells me you have cleaning action to do. Use Atomic Rooster's links to help. Defrag and also Run msconfig to remove unwanted startup stuff.

id recomend backing up your files, reformating, and installing windows or vista w/e u use
then id put in another gig for ram if u can
and upgrade the graphics card to a 7300
(cpu is fine if all your doing is steam and web browsing ect..)

this is because more processes are running. he probably meant in the early months of his computer, counterstrike would work fine, but after all the crap he loaded onto it, ocunterstrike starts to lag.
Hmmm, isnt this what i said, ive just stated that it isnt a hardware issue due to the fact that it was ok previously.:confused:

Hmmm, isnt this what i said, ive just stated that it isnt a hardware issue due to the fact that it was ok previously.:confused:
huh? im saying that it is a hardware issue. and a mind trick issue. well whatever but just get a better gpu and more meomory

Back
Top Bottom