vista isnt bad actually

Vista will take a little time to get actually fully working. The drivers are still written at that stage and so is newer software. That's the same way like Windows XP went.

I think I'll eventually run Vista with the tweaks when I get the new system. That or I might stick with Ubuntu if it does support Dual core well.

ive got vista on my new computer 1GB ram and Dual core really make things fly and run smooth haven't really been having any problems or incompatibility issues either

I'll run vista when i get my new desktop with 4 gig of ram :)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but from what i have heard the 4gig of ram is over kill. 2gig is suffice enough for multitasking and gaming.

Although I know more sounds better, but when it comes to ram.. getting into the 3 to 5gig range is way too much, when their are CPU's now that make up for the lack of ram.

-edit-

As far as Vista goes, I can't wait to try it out..

Hmmm, thats certainly true for XP mate, but vista can support 8gb of RAM, and a wopping 32 GB for 64bit. Now most people arent gonna need that but if your like me and run loads of virtual machines etc then its not overkill. :)

i just installed vista lite on my laptop after the success on my desktop. the fact that the power options dont work for s**t and the toshiba power saver doesnt wanna work means the battery life isnt too good which is a big problem. apart from that its ok. i like this much better than the normal vista

i just installed vista lite on my laptop after the success on my desktop. the fact that the power options dont work for s**t and the toshiba power saver doesnt wanna work means the battery life isnt too good which is a big problem. apart from that its ok. i like this much better than the normal vista

i installed on my laptop last night and i cant get my packard bell power think to work , it keps saying the battery is empty and needs recharging which is getting kind of annoying

Back
Top Bottom