Cannot connect to a certain site

tb.

Solid State Member
Last night I was trying to access a certain site but all I was getting was an amazingly long wait for loading the site then a "the site cannot be found" message, naturally I assumed the site was down so I went to bed and thought nothing of it but this morning it still wont work and I rang a friend who is on the same plan with the same ISP and he connected no problem. I went to a lan cafe and no problem their either. Can anyone suggest something that could be wrong with my computer that would cause this? Plz keep in mind that I am a real noob when it comes to computers =P any suggestions would be awesome, thanks

First off, welcome to the forums!

Now the computer you are using, does it have perental controls or even hooked up to a decent network?

The parental controls can be blocking it depending on the settins and teh site. Same thing with the network. Routers and even some software (like Novell network software) can block sites. If you are on a network taht has someone who knows what they are doing in charge, they could have blocked it.

Already deleted all my cookies, favs and history and set the security to this site to minimum.
The connection is a direct 8mb line, I am using Explorer 7 (Downloaded all the updates) and it won't work through firefox either. No parental controls are on.

It's slowly but surely comming in here. They have a thing on their main page about being down recently, maybe that is what was happening.

Back
Top Bottom