vista or xp

Comp, have you actually used Vista? or are you going off of what others have said?

What everyone else has said is right. the big bugs (if you can call them big) microsoft can't control. As of right now, with only IE7 open, my XP is idling at 500MB RAM usage. A vista comptuer at work with IE7 open idles less.

Its hard to say
I like both XP more for gaming
and Vista just plain looks freaking sweet
like Alvino said i cant wait for sp1 to be released hopefully by then drivers will be all caught up and most if not all things should be compatible

Vista has crap support for fps games and moderated 3d commands

Not trying to sound mean or anything, but can we see some facts or evidence? It seems you like to arbitrarily say things out of the blue.
I will say that the game support is bad because the graphics card companies can't seem to get their drivers out. I know NVIDIA had some driver issues and took awhile to get them sorted. Surprisingly I didn't have any and it installed right away. The driver support for graphics cards seems to get better. I think the problem is that vista was rushed out too quick for graphics card companies to create decent drivers so they slopped some stuff together until they put the good ones out.

Comp_Pro, Vista is not crap for playing games. It's normal that you get fewer FPS , because it's more resource taking, but that doesn't mean you're having 1FPS all times.

I say Vista, but IMO, both are good. The get me the job done, but Vista needs to be updated first thing in order to prevent me lock ups. That's my major downside. So far, nothing wrong happened. The resart is going to be the big decision.

The day Microsoft releases SP1 and ATI and nVidia releases some really good video drivers will be the day I buy a legit license of Vista. Until then, I still have my "other" version.

i dont have any evidence my friends is a computer genius and i asked him which one he prefers he replied with XP so then i said why? and he said because it has crap support for the games and yeah so i posted them here to see if there true i dont know if they are

i dont have any evidence my friends is a computer genius and i asked him which one he prefers he replied with XP so then i said why? and he said because it has crap support for the games and yeah so i posted them here to see if there true i dont know if they are

Personally I find it better to test things out and find out for yourself. It's not a bad idea to take people's word, I just like to test things out for myself and experiment.

Back
Top Bottom