problem

sfxhewitt

In Runtime
hi i just formatted my pc and i dont have my motherboard driver so i need to know how to find out what my motherboard is so i can download the driver because everything is big the resolution is massive so any help would be great thanks

I presume by your question that you have onboard video, two ways to get the m/board details, physically look at the board or use a programme like Everest home.

The make and manufacturer of your motherboard should be stamped on it beside one of the slots or near the CPU. Short of that, you can download PC Wizard and it will tell you everything you need to know about your computer.

i got that program mate and it says under my mainboard

manufacturer : hp pavilon 05

mainboard : hp hp system board

bios : phoenix technologies, ltd

chipset : intel i845g

could somone help me find the driver for my mobo thanks

go to the hp websiter and lookup your exact model number for drivers etc

If your's has the integrated graphics chip, you can download the graphics and motherboard chipset drivers directly from Intel HERE.

From your description, it sounds like you need to install the video driver. If that's the case, you can use the driver I listed above, or if you have an AGP video card in that machine. you will need to go to the HP site and search for you model of computer and download the correct driver from their support and download page.

Back
Top Bottom