maths problem

lol(This lol thing is getting an automatic reaction for me) im doing gcse and that looks so confusing.........

just off topic but in ict anyone chose CIDA, I did but i think it's kind of pointless really.
omfg i hat that subject it is evil , i chose dida at first as our school had this stupid idea we where gonna get four of the spb's done and yet we only got 2 done , and cos out it teachers marked it the marks where awarded for what they liked and how they interpreted the spb which is realy annoying , also i feel pur school failed us cos our teacher had no clue cos we where the first year he had taght this to so he had no clue at all so i wouldnt choose it given the chance again
also i only got 2 b's yet in year 9 my it teacher told me i could get an A or A* at gcse it yet doing this wonderfull dida course i only got 2 b's

i was in the top group in maths (well one of the top ones, except i didnt have to do statistics) and i found it easy, maybe thats just me lol. i dunno what happened.
i just did an as level in ict and my friend did an as in electronics. both are ok but i found that our retarded teachers made the lessons pretty pointless.
anyway i still cant figure it out :(
i was gonna pick a level ict but when i went to my college open day i realised it was jst the same as i had studied for gcse and it all looked easy so i choose computing instead which is programming

X=275X10 (0.018t)
That gives...2000=275(0.18t
2000=49.5t

2000 divided by 49.5 will equal T
T=40.40
Right?

omg that was close. its apparently 47.8... so you just multiplied the 0.018 by 10 then put it over the 275? to give you 2000=275^0.18t? then you multiplied 275 by 0.18 which gave you 49.5? which would give 2000=49.5t. which then leads to t=40.4. it seems to make sense but whys it getting the wrong answer :(

i plugged it into a graphing caclulator's equation solver and its out of range :eek:

i belive there may be no solution because it is a quadratic equation.

maybee try graphing it or making it equal to zero and using the quadratic equation

i think Ihusers got the right kind of method but it just isnt spot on lol. maybe i should try using log's

I did the same exact problem about 2 months ago (that is one you can't forget). I have my math notebook here at home, when i finally decide to open it to do my homework (tonight or tomarrow) i'll look see if i can find the problem.

I did the same exact problem about 2 months ago (that is one you can't forget). I have my math notebook here at home, when i finally decide to open it to do my homework (tonight or tomarrow) i'll look see if i can find the problem.
cheers m8. its gone midnight so ill try ihusers method tomorrow :)

it is definatly logarithms.

edit-
you will first get: log[base 10](2000/255)=.018t
then: 0.89448=.018t
then finally: t=49.69387
(gotta love windows calculator...)

Back
Top Bottom