Counter Stike Problem

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
Ok so I have both versions of counter stike below:
0527071023ja7.jpg

But my computer will not work with Steam. It will however play counterstike, I know this because some of the guys on campus have a non-steam version of Counter Strike. When I contacted these people they no longer had the installer.

So my whole point to this thread is can someone, tell me where I can download the non-steam version? You can PM if you have to...

This is legal because I own the games, and I have paid for both of them in full.

It's legal because you bought the games, which assumes you will use Steam. Using non-Steam most likely violates the Terms of Service. There is a difference between playing Counter-Strike with and without Steam.

thats ok, i just need the installer, im not going to play online, just over lan.

Non-steam is usaully cracked versions I think you cant play on normal servers.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can't play on online servers with non-Steam, but you should have no problem with LAN though.

Maybe they were playing the old versions which,then wasn't owned by valve so you didnt need steam to run it...

Maybe they were playing the old versions which,then wasn't owned by valve so you didnt need steam to run it...

Old versions as in pre-dating CS 1.6? Cause before then, it was a mod for Half-Life. It was around CS 1.6 when Valve realized the potential of the mod and hired the two creators and bought the rights to the game.

All Valve games and mods need to use Steam now. Unless you obtain a cracked non-Steam version which is technically illegal as it does go against the Steam Terms of Service.

Back
Top Bottom