Gallery: Your desktop

i saw your post on warez bb ^ ... and yea i know the xp one has a time limit but you can remove that. its simple :p .. anyway what you think of it?

i saw your post on warez bb ^ ... and yea i know the xp one has a time limit but you can remove that. its simple :p .. anyway what you think of it?
pretty sleek , better now that i got the vid card drivers , before it was running 800x600 with a low refresh rate 60hz so it was doing my eyes in , now i have it at 75 with 1024x768 and am considering putting it on my laptop as well
screenies are coming i can assure you

so am i. the normal vista runs well on my laptop so this copy would run pretty damn good. i think ill try it once i get an external hdd to store all my downloads. both my pc's are full :O

ok screenshot
here is the "my computer " window it shows proc speed and ram and the drives installed
Untitled.jpg

i have got rid of the sidebar now cos it was hogging system specs , and in case you where wondering my desktop picture is this
http://www.desktoppictures.com/imag...unes-and-clouds/1024x768/dunes-and-clouds.jpg

then i loaded it in photoshop and inverted the colour

vista lite is very good , i am planning on putting it on my laptop maybe but the hard drive is only 54gb after recovery data so it would be a close one

mine is about that but im sure i could spare 4gb.
yea im pleased with vista lite. ive removed the side bar, aero, defragged and stuff and it seems to be running nicely

Do the network and sound work because they appear to have xs on them in the taskbar?
the network has an x cos i am not connected to a newtowrk and as for sound , i am struggling to find working drivers for my sound in xp let alone vista

yea both will work. i just had to update my sound drivers in device manager and my network card worked straight away. all my hardware works now :D

wohoo , one of my memory sticks can support ready boost , i now have ready boost running on a 512mb usb memory stick
readyboost.jpg

in a quick benchmark i have run you will see windows vista lite performs better than xp pro but as you see it is only the memory and this is down to ready boost
xpbench.jpg

nice! i brought a cheapo 256mb stick from currys not so long ago and that wont work, yet my 1gb stick i got a year ago works, yet i dont want to keep that in my pc as i use it often. the 256mb one needs a cable to plug in so maybe thats why. hmmm

Back
Top Bottom