Bad comp troubles

my ole 1.2ghz cpu didnt have any compund on it and it worked fine. it wouldnt cause it not to start...

try unplugging things in sequnce first the cd rom then the hard drive the sound card etc. etc. maybee one of those compents is causing the whole system to go down.

if nothing works test the cpu in a friends computer if you can if it dosent work more than likely you static shocked it.

next time used compressed air from a can works the best

1.2ghz is a lot different than 2 or 3

oh, and your thermal compund should be dry after a long time, that means its set, but ya, you should have put new compound on

as far as static goes, the hoover could have charged your case, the rag on the processor and gpu might have fried them, best guess is to borrow a buddies pc and test your stuff inside, and if you can, take it to a local pc place that you know and trust, dont take it to best buy or they will freakin rip you off

(basically what rudster said)

best of luck,
kyle

if you fan makes screeching noises it probly is scrathing your processor if you put it all back together did you make sure the ram was in the correct place and all the fans are plugged into the right slot?

if you fan makes screeching noises it probly is scrathing your processor if you put it all back together did you make sure the ram was in the correct place and all the fans are plugged into the right slot?

hmm fan scratching a processor thats a new 1 ?

definately a first for me, i thought there was something inbetween called a heatsink:rolleyes:

Well taken everything out re-assembled everything still no joy...

except this time if i leave it on for say 15 seconds i get a screechy noise from my CPU fan or possible CPU as i can't tell..

I it was a wooden floor with wooden table and a dish cloth to lay my components on , strangely i have done this numerous times and not had a problem but i guess i was unlucky/silly to ddo what i did to fry something.

I guess i'll go to the computer repairs and find out whats broken and hopefully if i just say to PC world i haven't touched anything bla bla bla they may give me some discount to buy some new components as when the price to the qcores drop i will be buying one.

Thanks for the help guys.

Dont go to pc world to fix it, it will come out more broken than when it went in.

Find a local computer repair store :)

well maybe the fan could be at the wrong hight i don't know and maybe its scratching the processor

Back
Top Bottom