Ram Upgrade?

Robertlatacz

Solid State Member
Hi, I've just bought command and conquer 3 for my pc and its running fine untill there's alot of action on screen. Here's a link to my pc's specs: http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/pc/t9201.htm

Would buying another 512mb stick of ram make c&c 3 run wihtout lag?

I dont want to spend alot, £40 max.

Would a Hynix PC3200U 400MHz CL3 memory (512mb) work?

-edit-

Is your Direct X up to date ? like are you still running version 8 or 9, some games require that you upgrade to a higher version, but sometimes the direct X can cause problems too.

I had that prob .too before, but it all started after i upgraded to direct X ver. 9 , i was still running the old version 8. wich ran fine on the ram i had wich was 512.

but i figured i would try out version 9, and it slowed down the graphics, so i guess it would depend on the graphics card and the version of the drivers.

So should I change my direct x version to a lower one, I dont think my graphics card is that good as all the settings on c&c 3 are on low. If I have no success changing the directx version should I get more ram.

Or is there a cheap graphics card for about £40 that will give better performance then upgrading the ram, I have a feeling there isn't.

I don't see any AGP cards for around £40 that would make a noticeable difference in performance.

Adding another 512MB in memory will help some with the lag as a lot of games will work nicely with 1GB of RAM. But I believe your video card may be holding you back though.

I think the same. Try lowering your settings. Usually, you can get a nice card for £80.

Will getting a better graphics card take out the lag or would i still need to get more ram. I dont wont to spend that much so I might get some ram first then get a new card later.

It would be best to get both the memory and a better video card. So yes, go with the memory upgrade then save for a better card.

I'm not familiar with UK vendors, but at Misco.co.uk, they have a nice INNO3D GEFORCE 7600GS AGP for £68.14 inc VAT that will work nicely for you.

a new video card would proably be better but both would run the game no prob. get at least a 7600GT but if money can permit you could get a 7900GS or 7950GT which is the best card for the AGP slot and probably will be because no more AGP cards are being made with new GPUs

just for info i love c&c3 one of the best games ever!!!good luck with your upgrade

Back
Top Bottom