Help deciding on a baisc PCI-e graphics card

the socket 478 version is worth more :D

According to this it's worth over $100 new...I don't know the exact specs of my Celeron though, must check BIOS to see if it tells me. Seems everything for socket 478 mobos are more expensive, the DDR400 ram is more expensive than DDR2 ram is...

When you get your video card (assuming it is the EVGA) make sure you go onto www.evga.com and register the card. This gives you a lifetime warranty on the card.

I too love evga. Where I work, we sell more EVGA cards than any other brand, yet we see less come back for return/replacement.

When you get your video card (assuming it is the EVGA) make sure you go onto www.evga.com and register the card. This gives you a lifetime warranty on the card.

Ok, I'll do that if I get EVGA. I'm seeing if I can get a good card with the 7600GT GPU for a cheaper price used, so I can't say if I will get EVGA. If I don't get anything out of that I'll just buy the EVGA new from newegg.

if the prices are better on the sites you are looking for, try to get EVGA if possible. If not, look for XFX and BFG (with XFX being the better of the two). Both are good companies, but not as good as EVGA in my oppinion.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm looking on craigslist locally so I don't have to worry about shipping and such. If buying used I always like to meet the person I'm buying from. I've never heard of XFX, but have heard of BFG. I'll limit it to those 3 brands and see where it gets me on getting it cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom