Need serious help with Vista.

cory551

Baseband Member
Alright, I just finished a full install of Vista Ultimate, full reformat and all.

First of all: I have no sound. I tryed to install the evga mainboard sound drivers (realtek audio) and I restarted and still have no sound. I get tons of errors when I try to use my mainboard drivers CD, so I went to their website and it had some drivers, but nothing to really help me.

... They said that the mainboard drivers for nforce 3/4/5 ect. came with vista. I don't even know if my mainboard drivers are installed, but my videocard drivers are. Please help.

By the way, I have an nforce 5 mobo, I believe... All my system's hardware IS compatable, and it worked fine when I did the "update" but I had to do a full format after I realized my copy wasn't active. Now my copy is active, but I have no sound.

ok is the volume up as sometimes it is set to mute by default

another thing , what mmake is the board and are you sure it issnt the speakers or in the wrong port

It says no audio device is installed. I tryed the one from the website. I have an nvidia nforce 4, and I can't seem to get any sound drivers to work. Can I get one that might?

hmm ,it seems there is no drivers for vista for that audio , just keep searching google is your best bet

I'm assuming you know how to get device manager open, so i'm going to start with it open. If you need help getting there, let us know.

In device manager, find the group that says sound. If your sound card is missing a driver this will be expanded and the sound card will have a yellow triangle by it. If it is not expanded, expand the group by clicking on the + sign next to it. Right click the sound card, and click "update drivers". Let windows go online to find a good driver. Unlike XP, that feture works quite well in vista.

Do that for any driver that you still need. If that does not see a sound card, double check that the sound card is not disabled in BIOS.

I've had the same problem with those Realtek drivers. They can be a pain. Keep searching and you'll find the right one.

I'm assuming you know how to get device manager open, so i'm going to start with it open. If you need help getting there, let us know.

In device manager, find the group that says sound. If your sound card is missing a driver this will be expanded and the sound card will have a yellow triangle by it. If it is not expanded, expand the group by clicking on the + sign next to it. Right click the sound card, and click "update drivers". Let windows go online to find a good driver. Unlike XP, that feture works quite well in vista.

Do that for any driver that you still need. If that does not see a sound card, double check that the sound card is not disabled in BIOS.

There actually is no 'sound' group in my device manager. In the bottom right hand corner of my screen, it has a speaker with a red x - saying that there is no audio output device installed.

is the on board sound enabled in the bios

I'm not sure, but the strange thing is, it worked fine with the Upgrade, and with XP, but when I did a full format, now it doesn't work. My BIOS are also locked, so I can't do anything in them.

Back
Top Bottom