Resoring Vista to how it came from the factory?

bdub84

Baseband Member
I just bought a laptop that I now want to sell. I want to restore Vista to how it came from the factory. How do I do that? Thanks in advance.

Hmmm, some more info might be good, like the make of laptop? Weather you got a restore CD or a genuine vista CD etc.

Does the laptop have a recovery partition on it? An easy way to check is usually when a recovery partition is present you get the option of what to do on boot up (Normal or recover) for about five seconds before it defaults to the standard boot.

Yeah usually if it doesnt come with a CD their is a partition for recovery. There gotta be like an exe file for restore or something.

I know on dells you have to hit F12 before windows boots up, then hit "boot to utility partition." Try that on your laptop and see if it works. I've never tried it on a sony PC before but it may work. There's got to be some way in to the partition that has the restore stuff.

ask the company who you brought the laptop off just tell them something happend and i need to reinstall vista again

Most new laptops have a recovery partition in them now so it you should have one if not why not take it back to the shop, say its not got the requirements of your needs it will be under warranty anyway.

Back
Top Bottom