Reputation ?

Thats just the way it is, at least their still showing their appreciation, even if it doesnt add to your rep :)

well, its kinda of a security thing, i guess david didnt want people creating new accounts to give themselves rep.

Ye but you could just make new accounts...:)
hmm isnt there a limit to how many accoints can be made from one email adress ,
plus who would bother making 50 accounts and wasting time just over some rep points

Thats just the way it is, at least their still showing their appreciation, even if it doesnt add to your rep :)

I've appreciated all yours even though I have only been allowed to add a single point ;)

Yes, this site has a pretty strange rep system. Seems to be unique in fact :rolleyes:

hmm isnt there a limit to how many accoints can be made from one email adress

I'm sure there is, but there are some people like me who have seven email addresses (yes, I use them all regularly but all for different reasons.) and they could easily just make them all on different emails.

i must admit that back in the day when i was a little rebel i kind of registered again to try and rep myself lol. that was a long time ago and didnt work. atleast thats one advantage to that system

i must admit that back in the day when i was a little rebel i kind of registered again to try and rep myself lol. that was a long time ago and didnt work. atleast thats one advantage to that system
Tut Tut Tut
Ban him now
only joking , i suppose it would be pretty easy to make up a load of new email adresses just to rep yourself but if it where me i wouldnt bother wasting my time i would prefer to have rep for helping people and helpfull posts than a load of fake rep

lol i feel that way now... but as i said i wanted rep the easy way a long time ago and i learnt that the system cannot be fiddled. i cant even remember how i re registered. i think i used my other email address.
i havent heard any complaints about the rep system being fiddled successfully anyway which is good :)

i would have said it was grey and not purple... and yeah it is kinda stupid
For your information, David put out a notice "Reputation System 101"
Quote; "You must have enough posts & been here for some time to be able to give rep points, if you don't meet the requirements then the rep you gave will be grey"

I believe this answers your question.

For your information, David put out a notice "Reputation System 101"
Quote; "You must have enough posts & been here for some time to be able to give rep points, if you don't meet the requirements then the rep you gave will be grey"

I believe this answers your question.
Just to correct ya there, David never put that post together, the members on the forum did. :)

Back
Top Bottom