A Little help, Ghz.

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
It's prob' basic, but im little confused..

AMD 1800 (GHz?), then are the dual core's & 64 bit? Are something like 3200, 3600, 4000?

If im correct(ha), the 3200 are 1.5 Ghz, 3600 2Ghz and the 4000 or maybe the 4200 are a huge diffrence 4Ghz?

Can someone help out and explain, and how much diffrence would you *really* notice from the 3600 to the 4200 (4000?) Also the 4200 would it be *ideal* gaming cpu?

Thanks

hmm, i never really got this either, but i have a 3300+ that runs @ 2.01 ghz stock. theres no 4ghz processors, the 3800 runs 2.0ghz dualcore, i think the 4200 is 2.2 or something. are we supposed to memorize each one, or is there an equasion based on the xx00+ number? it would be great if someone could explain this. also, why does intel have dual core and c2d but amd just has dual core? doesnt that mean that amd x2 processors are equivalent to intel's lower end dual cores and not c2d?

they are just ratings afaik. i have a sempron 3000 in my desktop which runs at 1.8ghz although it gets rated at 3.0ghz on one website

The 4000+ symbol is actually the effective clock. It's 2.0GHZ, but the effectiveness of a core is 4.0GHZish. Hence, the + sign.

No, you cannot add dual core speeds to equal one. It doesn't work like that.

umm hows about its a rough comparison to intel processors ?

like the 3200 might run at 1.8 Ghz but maybe it is equivalent to say a P4 runnign at 3.2Ghz ???

i dunno i neva did quiet understand AMD

umm hows about its a rough comparison to intel processors ?

like the 3200 might run at 1.8 Ghz but maybe it is equivalent to say a P4 runnign at 3.2Ghz ???

i dunno i neva did quiet understand AMD
yeah that is what i thought , for instance the sempron 2600+ say which is amd's budget line is actually 1.6ghz i think and cos it i sbudget compares to the celeron so a sempron 2600 performs like a 2.6ghz celeron or so they claim but obviously with the c2d and athlon x2 it cant be cos what does the athlon x2 6000+ compare to .

i think i was brought out when intel where concentrating on clock speeds getting like 3ghz p4's out there and people with no clue about computer bought them over the lower speed amd processors but the amd processors could perform at the same level and so amd brought out numbering system so that buyers could compare easily

it started with the athlon xp i think

there is a new brisbane core that uses different clock speeds with the same rated speed. they are dual core and the 3600+(i have it) is FAST AND CHEAP!!! 59$ to be exact and if you know how to overclock this thing can fly. even if you havent OCed before 2.4Ghz from 1.9Ghz is a piece of cake :D

Yeah this is what i'm so mad about, how can you be sure wither or not your pc can run at say min requirments(for gaming or ect) if if's all muddled like that! gah!

This might help, it doesnt explain, but it allows you to compare different processors
http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

That did help a bit, thanks.

The 4000+ symbol is actually the effective clock. It's 2.0GHZ, but the effectiveness of a core is 4.0GHZish. Hence, the + sign.

Thanks helpful. Was this

Directed at me?

there is a new brisbane core that uses different clock speeds with the same rated speed. they are dual core and the 3600+(i have it) is FAST AND CHEAP!!! 59$ to be exact and if you know how to overclock this thing can fly. even if you havent OCed before 2.4Ghz from 1.9Ghz is a piece of cake :D
:eek:

Can someone help out and explain, and how much diffrence would you *really* notice from the 3600 to the 4200 (4000?) Also the 4200 would it be *ideal* gaming cpu?

Thanks
^
Can anyone answer me that please if you can, i really want to know!

@geeky gal, afaik means: as far as i know.
thanks for the +1 :p
im not too sure on your question but i recon you would see a bit of a speed increase, due to it obviously being a faster cpu....but as for being an ideal gaming cpu it depends if you have good ram and a good gpu to back it up.

Back
Top Bottom