Dual OS

dynoman

Baseband Member
I just bought myself a copy of Vista Home Premium and I was wondering if there is a way I can have to OS in one hard drive, maybe in seperate partions, is there anyway and is it safe, or can it damage my hardware?BTW I have XP pro now

Yeah I have Vista on one partition and XP on another. I'm just working on trying to extend the size of my Vista partition by using space from my XP partition, I just can't find a program that works.

joe if they are both NTFS which i assume they are then just download partition magic

cough cough torrentspy.com

joe if they are both NTFS which i assume they are then just download partition magic

cough cough torrentspy.com
yep lol good advice. i use partition magic. its good, although once i installed vista resizing my partitions was all messed up so i gave up on it and vista for that matter.

Nah, I think I tried partition magic a while ago, it wouldn't continue with the operation. I don't know why, let me try again. Thanks for the help anyway though!

Nah, I think I tried partition magic a while ago, it wouldn't continue with the operation. I don't know why, let me try again. Thanks for the help anyway though!

hmmm dunno y that is mate not to try and make you sound dumb but after selecting to resize the partitions did you click apply in the bottom left ??

coz i missed out on that when i first used partition magic i was like WTF y isnt it partitioning my hard drive lol

it may also want to reboot when resizing i cant remember ?

I am considering Linux to be installed along with Windows XP. I suppose its the same basic principal. Let me know how it goes for you. Does anyone know if it is possible to install three operating systems.

I am considering Linux to be installed along with Windows XP. I suppose its the same basic principal. Let me know how it goes for you. Does anyone know if it is possible to install three operating systems.
yes it is. just boot linux from the cd, use the in built partition manager (i know this is the case for ubuntu anyway) and install it. you should then get a list on startup to choose the os.

Back
Top Bottom