which video card and why

aCb

In Runtime
ive been stuck deciding which video card to get for my budget gaming system. Here are the 3 cards im looking at.

Geforce 7900GS
Geforce 8600GT
Radeon x1950 Pro

if you guys can give me your opinions on which is better and why it would be greatly appreciated because i am going to order all parts tonight,

Well personally I like ATI better.... And plus, if your going to get a video card... I recommend getting one with 512mb in it... With all these new huge games coming it always seems important to have more memory so games like fear will run smoother... Its just like upgrading from 1 gig of ram to 2 gigs while you play bf2142. The difference of the game is amazing.
Anyways I would get this...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...SortField=0&SummaryType=ALL&Pagesize=25&Page=

If you really want dx10 get the 8600.... But there is no 512mb cards from what i seen from that but it still runs great. I heard the 7900 card you want runs a little better though then the 8600. but i guess theres not much a difference so it doesnt matter. lol'

ATI rocks!

ordered the x1950pro for 125$

the Memory Size really doesnt affect gaming performance to much there probably isnt a noticable difference from 256mb to 512.

there really isnt much performance difference between the geforce 8800gts 320mb version and the 640mb version

There are differences if you run bigger resolutions. In the future memory size may make a bigger difference because textures will probably take up more memory.

if you run i believe doom3 with max settings it uses 500MB of uncompressed textures at 1280x1024

cabbspapp hit it right on the nail you will have to run lower resoulutions then if you had 512mb but for a budget computer it wont be so bad. take it from a guy who use to play games at 10FPS until i finally got enough money to buy a budget gaming computer :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom