help me convince my parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were you, I would ask your parents to just go with a whole family plan. It's cheaper. Of course that depends on how much you and your parents talk. My family and I share about 500 minutes a month and we still manage, of course it's mainly because my mom and dad hardly use their cell phones, but if you share minutes using a family plan, you usually get a cheaper deal.

If you don't want to get landline phones, you could always try Vonage. They specialize in VoIP phone services. It's pretty cheap, but it does have it's flaws. Emergency services are different and you can't simply call 911. So it depends on your needs, really. Remind your parents that it's better to buy it all now and save money in the long run rather than keep paying monthly bills and just spend more and more.

If I were you, I would ask your parents to just go with a whole family plan. It's cheaper. Of course that depends on how much you and your parents talk. My family and I share about 500 minutes a month and we still manage, of course it's mainly because my mom and dad hardly use their cell phones, but if you share minutes using a family plan, you usually get a cheaper deal.

If you don't want to get landline phones, you could always try Vonage. They specialize in VoIP phone services. It's pretty cheap, but it does have it's flaws. Emergency services are different and you can't simply call 911. So it depends on your needs, really. Remind your parents that it's better to buy it all now and save money in the long run rather than keep paying monthly bills and just spend more and more.
Well we have our own wireless serviceses for a reason. Mainly they way we use them.

Me, I use a T-Mobile sidekick cause I always want to be in touch with friends with txt, AIM, MSN, email, and internet. So the Sidekick unlimited plan ($20/month) fits me perfect, since no other service supplies a cheap price with all of that.

My mom gets Cingular cause she barley uses it and its cheap.

My step-dad gets Nextel cause all of his co-workers use it (he company is cheap so they do not supply cell phones).

So switching would probably run us dry on money since I love my data plan, and every other service I looked into you have to pay for each plan unlike the all in one sidekick plan.

And about the LAN line service, that is old school. Cell phones are much more convinent... for my family at least.

VoIP isn't old school. It's actually a market thats starting to develop. It has flaws but it'll eventually be a good product to consider. Using cell phones is convenient, but if you just got a home phone it would be so cost saving. Either way, that's up to you. I was just giving out suggestions.

W00T! Ordering Verizon FiOS on Tuesday!

I used some of your suggestions and talked about their benefits of getting it, and offered them one of my computers so they can have it in their room.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions :cool:

Good for you! You should be happy with FiOS. Fiber optics is very fast and I'm sure you'll enjoy the speed.

Now only if DSL was that fast...

so i got negative rep from so <<<DELETED>>> this thread is really old but yet i just now got bad rep <<<DELETED>>> you and get a life you <<<DELETED>>>

Four day ban

Wow...that's really pathetic. You post in a 2 month old thread because you're mad that someone gave you negative rep.

How low can you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom