A few questions on Vista.

cory551

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I just got my new Vista Ultimate and I was wondering a few questions.

1. Can I use the upgrade feature with this normal disc? (keeping all my old files)

2. I am a game-a-holic. How compatible is Vista with most of the games out today, half life 2, bf2, fear, gta:sa, stuff like that.

I mainly want to upgrade, because I don't want to lose all my current files, so if I can do that, please let me know.

Also:

I am currently running Windows XP Home, and I ran an online test to see how compatible Vista would be for my PC, and it passes everything (best) on just about max.

Thanks!

Yes, you can upgrade with the normal disk.

2. Yes, games are certainly compatible with Vista, they just probably won't perform as well as they did with XP, but it all depends on your hardware configuration..

What's your hardware?

Yes, you can upgrade with the normal disk.

2. Yes, games are certainly compatible with Vista, they just probably won't perform as well as they did with XP, but it all depends on your hardware configuration..

What's your hardware?

AMD 4200+ x2
Nvidia 8600GTS
2.25gig's of RAM, single channel :rolleyes:
200gig harddrive
550watt psu

Microsoft hasn't completely streamlined and slimmed down Vista yet, so gaming isn't as good as it would be on XP. I can play Company of Heroes fine on Vista, but I have to lower the graphical details because if I tried to run it like I did on XP, I would get horrible frames.

ya id have to agree with borat there, but some of your games will require some easy tweaks, my systems run xp games better on vista, much smoother, you'll just have to tweak some things, id go for vista! idk why people complain so much about vista, i guess i dont cause i have all my drivers supported...

EDIT: i have dual boot xp and vista, i use xp for gaming most of the time due to me only having 1gb of ram, and i use vista just for everyday computing and such, but if you want me to show you a very easy way to dual boot lemme know, to game well on vista you really need 1.5gb or 2, and ive only got one... so for games i stick with xp, but bf2 does run smoother on vista just my load times are higher and thats kinda annoying...

omg guys, stop complaining about how vista isnt good with games. vista runs all my games better than XP

You need to calm down. Vista does run all my games fine too, it's just the framerates aren't as good as they were in XP when using comparatively same graphical settings. I never said it doesn't run. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom