very interesting...

bullzi

Fully Optimized
ok guys, ive got vista ultimate on two systems now, the specs are below along with my question

Inspiron 1501
AMD Turion TL-50 1.6ghz x2
1GB
80GB SATA
Integrated ATI Xpress 200m

Dimension E510
Intel Pentium 4 w/ HT, 3.0ghz
1GB
160GB SATA
Ati Radeon X550 dedicated

ok, now here's my question, my laptop gets a score of 2.7 performance wise, everything is high obviously except graphics, but get this, my E510 gets 2.0, everything kills the laptop performance wise except dual core, but the dedicated x550 has a lower score than my integrated graphics in the laptop, but i know from experience my E510 can play bf2 at 30 fps with high settings, and laptop like 5 fps on everything low or off, this doesnt bother me, but i was just curious if anybody knew why it was like this... AERO works great on both systems.. and multitasking is faster than ever on a 64-bit OS

any ideas?

thanks,
kyle

i wouldnt trust the vista ratings i bought my laptop with a free 1 GB memory upgrade so it was 512 and went upto 1Gb wen they had some in stock

and my overall rating went down from 2.8 to 2.7 its no big difference but the fact is i added more RAM and since i have defragged virus scan everything but it wont budge from 2.7 ??

i dont trust vista at all i only have this laptop coz pcworl cocked up my old laptop so i went down there and complained at them

if it was my choice i would not buy any pc/laptop with vista on it till i had 2GB RAM and atleast an e4400

yea vista gives retarded scores. it may be rating it on the amount of memory. i have the ati express 200 on my desktop and it has 256mb but im guessing yours has a shared memory of upto 256mb? the other card has 128mb so maybe thats why. im not sure. i wouldnt worry if i were you

Back
Top Bottom