help me convince my parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I talked to my mom a little about it today. She gave me one of those I dont want to do it but I just wanna get your hopes up kinda thing lol. Said she dose not want to pay for dsl AND lan phone service. I'm pretty sure FiOS dosnt use the phone jack (since its copper wireing) so no need for a lan phone service. If I'm corrent I might get it:) .

So please correct me if I'm wrong, Verizon users.

$85/month! have you tried cutting down?

Well I don't know if anyone if familiar with the Sidekick 3, but its pretty expensive. 60$ for 1000minutes + MyFaves and 20$ for unlimited data, email, IM, txt. Wish I could cut down but that plan fits me perfects. I end up with only 50minutes left when my bill is ending. But you guys have to remember I don't have a home phone so I need a lot of minutes.

Why not try a different tactics find something your mum and dad like then tell them how good the INTERNET would benefit them, I.E if your dads into sports look up a few sites on the stuff he likes then do something similar for your mum, another idea would be to get one of those TV, BROADBAND, PHONE all in one offers from the likes of BT or VIRGIN thats if they have it in the US, they do here in the UK.

Well I don't know if anyone if familiar with the Sidekick 3, but its pretty expensive. 60$ for 1000minutes + MyFaves and 20$ for unlimited data, email, IM, txt. Wish I could cut down but that plan fits me perfects. I end up with only 50minutes left when my bill is ending. But you guys have to remember I don't have a home phone so I need a lot of minutes.

Well if you get the Internet and a home phone then you won't need all that crap on your phone contract. You can use MSN and e-mail instead of spending all that time on the phone... how outdated.

Well I talked to my mom a little about it today. She gave me one of those I dont want to do it but I just wanna get your hopes up kinda thing lol. Said she dose not want to pay for dsl AND lan phone service. I'm pretty sure FiOS dosnt use the phone jack (since its copper wireing) so no need for a lan phone service. If I'm corrent I might get it:) .

So please correct me if I'm wrong, Verizon users.

FiOS uses fiber optics, not copper wiring. Hence the name Fiber-Optics Service.

It's fast, but rather expensive and you have to check if it's available in your area because it's not as widespread as cable or DSL.

FiOS uses fiber optics, not copper wiring. Hence the name Fiber-Optics Service.

It's fast, but rather expensive and you have to check if it's available in your area because it's not as widespread as cable or DSL.

FiOS is very popular around my area, so I'm 98% sure Its available.

$85/month! have you tried cutting down?

i know its off subject, but what company are you going threw for your cellular services, j/w cause now days theres some good deals, my parents have 4 phones ( 1 for all of us) and the payments are $100 a month, w/ free unlimited text messaging, we go threw alltel

i know its off subject, but what company are you going threw for your cellular services, j/w cause now days theres some good deals, my parents have 4 phones ( 1 for all of us) and the payments are $100 a month, w/ free unlimited text messaging, we go threw alltel

Well I have T-Mobile, my mom has Cingular and my step-dad has Nextel. My step dad's bill is worse than mine, 90$ for that annoying bleep, 800 minutes and horrible signal. But we all like our own phone services.:rolleyes:

But some good news... I just got done talking to my mom, she said(with a smile on her face) that all she needs to do is discus it with my step father. Now I'm just crossing my fingers, and praying to the computer god that he says yes!

Wish me luck you guys. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom