vista isnt bad actually

I've had no problems with Vista yet. It's better than I thought it would be. It is a little bit slower on boot times but once it's up and running it's very stable. I haven't really had any programs freeze, and when it happens I can click "end now" and it actually ends and doesn't sit there and do nothing requiring me to reboot. I did have one driver issue with my printer, but I bought a new one since I didn't want to wait for the drivers and wanted something a step up. Surprisingly, I didn't have to download any special drivers for my soundblaster audigy, it automatically worked.

As for AERO, it works great but it does slow things down a little bit. My graphics card is also weak so that doesn't help. I usually don't use the AERO, but sometimes I use it just because it looks cool. I think vista is better than XP, I did prefer the low requirements of XP but vista is also a completely new OS and the door to the next generation of windows so I guess it's pretty reasonable. I'm curious to see what changes SP1 will bring.

I like Vista, but when I used the upgrade disc, a lot of my folders would be read only, and I couldn't move files in them and stuff. I couldn't even look in "My Music" by rooting through windows explorer, but I could get there through clicking music on the start menu lol. Vista isn't the best gaming OS right now though, it uses more ram unlike XP. Eventually it will become the gaming standard because of DX10 though.

I like Vista, but when I used the upgrade disc, a lot of my folders would be read only, and I couldn't move files in them and stuff. I couldn't even look in "My Music" by rooting through windows explorer, but I could get there through clicking music on the start menu lol. Vista isn't the best gaming OS right now though, it uses more ram unlike XP. Eventually it will become the gaming standard because of DX10 though.

Yeah. I can play Company of Heroes fine, but I can't max it out like I did with XP. Eh doesn't matter. Doesn't change gameplay...

Personally, I would have had no problems with my PC, but it locks up in games. Looks like Vista can't take the old cards I have and my SB Live is a POS.

I was most impressed when I first tried it but it will be a while before I get it for my personal pc, I'm still waiting on a few drivers to be released

3 Months on two different systems with zero issues on Vista Home Premium.

Mark my words...........Vista WILL prove to be a more reliable and stable OS than XP.

Well hell yeah Vista is good! Its been good for me ever since I bought it, I actually bought Home Premium then I put in a...well nevermind you guys will figure it out but Ultimate is pretty cool.

3 Months on two different systems with zero issues on Vista Home Premium.

Mark my words...........Vista WILL prove to be a more reliable and stable OS than XP.

It already is. The OS itself is very stable and the features of Vista are nice. It'll take time, but Microsoft will eventually streamline and make Vista even better, hopefully with Service Pack 1 'Fiji'. :)

Back
Top Bottom