You cant call it a gang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right, I see what you are all saying, the whole point is that different groups [gangs?] do different things & police shouldn't jump in mob-handed causing innocent persons to be wrongly accused.
no no my point is , the government are wasting time worrying about what to call groups of nuisance teenager hanging around yet the real problem should be stopping them causing trouble or recoginising that not all groups of teenagers on streets are causing trouble , it is only thoose with bad parents or other problems

How pathetic - we mustn't offend the gang members or youths wearing hoodies!

Not sure whether you are being sarcastic, but no we shouldn't, they are just people after all and whatever they do with themselves, i.e. hang about the streets smoking their ciggies with their hoods up, if they don't do anything wrong such as streetcrime or drugs, they should not be judged on how they are dressed and what they like to do at their weekends.

Not sure whether you are being sarcastic, but no we shouldn't, they are just people after all and whatever they do with themselves, i.e. hang about the streets smoking their ciggies with their hoods up, if they don't do anything wrong such as streetcrime or drugs, they should not be judged on how they are dressed and what they like to do at their weekends.
Without meaning to offend you, doesn't it depend on what they are smoking?, when I worked in a prison the first thing we had to do was to be shown by security what cannabis smelt like, I joined 43 years ago, & I still remember that smell, only last week, I was passing Mc Donalds where a group of teenagers stood, some smoking, at least one was definitely smoking cannabis.
Now I think it's legal to smoke it in the UK, but it's illegal to be in possession of it, or any illegal drugs "with intent to supply", difficult to prove, I'm just showing how difficult it is to judge, if a group is smoking "weed" there is a possibilty that some could get a high, & trouble could break out, & people might get hurt.

Without meaning to offend you, doesn't it depend on what they are smoking?, when I worked in a prison the first thing we had to do was to be shown by security what cannabis smelt like, I joined 43 years ago, & I still remember that smell, only last week, I was passing Mc Donalds where a group of teenagers stood, some smoking, at least one was definitely smoking cannabis.
Now I think it's legal to smoke it in the UK, but it's illegal to be in possession of it, or any illegal drugs "with intent to supply", difficult to prove, I'm just showing how difficult it is to judge, if a group is smoking "weed" there is a possibilty that some could get a high, & trouble could break out, & people might get hurt.

And again, without meaning to offend you, but if you knew anything about cannabis then you would know that there is never trouble when people have been smoking weed. They're all too high to care about anything apart from sleep and get some food! And I did say ciggies in my first post, so I don't even see how cannabis came into it. Again, very easy to know if someone is supplying cannabis, or whether they are just smoking it, just depends on the quantities they have on them, and the amount of cash.

And again, without meaning to offend you, but if you knew anything about cannabis then you would know that there is never trouble when people have been smoking weed. They're all too high to care about anything apart from sleep and get some food! And I did say ciggies in my first post, so I don't even see how cannabis came into it. Again, very easy to know if someone is supplying cannabis, or whether they are just smoking it, just depends on the quantities they have on them, and the amount of cash.
I give up, it's hopeless to try & reason with you, it is a known fact that smoking cannabis can cause rioting to happen, note I said can, but even one violent disturbance is bad, isn't it?
Anyone else want to come in on this?, if I'm wrong, I'll hold my hands up.

Depends on the person I guess, I do think it would make you more chilled out and layed back. Some of my friends back at school always got high and they were always chilled out.

I give up, it's hopeless to try & reason with you, it is a known fact that smoking cannabis can cause rioting to happen, note I said can, but even one violent disturbance is bad, isn't it?
Can you post proof of this statement?

Cannabis induces a state of intoxicated relaxation, euphoria and dreaminess.

It is quick acting. Smoked, the first effects are usually felt within seconds. The peak follows within minutes and then declines sharply after about forty five minutes, with a ninety minute tail-off.(1)

You feel a general sense of well being and relaxation, giggliness and euphoria. You may also experience introspective dreaminess, increased appreciation of music, sleepiness and time distortion. The effects can be subtle. First time users often detect little or no effect.

http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cannabis/effects.htm

I'm not trying to argue with you Brookfield, I don't know why you try and turn everything into an argument, I am simply stating my opinion which sometimes seem to clash with your opinions, in which you react to.

I know for a fact that I have never know anyone fight when they are high, because their reactions slow down alot and it would be very very hard. I mean, how can you fight when your seeing a purple sky and craving that all important bag of crisps and a cold coke.

Of course people fight when they are drunk, I would not doubt that, but cannabis, I have never known people to fight while being high, and I know alot of people that do smoke cannabis, including myself if I'm totally honest.

Cannabis can leave you feeling a little groggy and forgetful but little else. Depending on how much you've smoked and its character and strength, these effects can linger for hours or days.

You feel a general sense of well being and relaxation, giggliness and euphoria. You may also experience introspective dreaminess, increased appreciation of music, sleepiness and time distortion. The effects can be subtle. First time users often detect little or no effect.

http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cannabis/effects.htm
Just noticed we found the same artical Steff!

Doesn't mention violence or anger, rage or fighting anywhere.. If someone can find a trusted article that says otherwise, I will hold my hands up!

I'm sorry to rant on but I think people are too stereotpyical towards youths, I'm at the age where I am considered a youth, and I recently lost a court case against an adult, he was totally in the wrong, I got assaulted, yet I ended up with community service, for being stood outside the guy's house, causing an affray! I mean, I could of got sent to jail!

All because people are stereotpyical towards youths!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom