Really Messed Up CD

ok, I will give rep to you guys for help (need to focus on this first) I have it saved but what type of disk type do I burn it to?, It says things like, audio,iso,damaged sector?) which one, i'll try automatic first but thanks for all the help.

no, I tried it and no luck, any ideas? It did however bnot skip as many .dll's this time.

Find someone who has an XP CD and copy it from their CD... That $100-something you pay for the OS is mainly for the key since you can't use the software without the key. You don't need a "Genuine Microsoft CD" to install XP with.

Just download the disc or borrow one from a friend. Dont forget to get the same disc as your key, eg if your disc only had SP1 on then you need to download an SP1 version, if your disc was OEM, then you need an OEM disc, as there are different keys for different versions.:)

Just download the disc or borrow one from a friend. Dont forget to get the same disc as your key, eg if your disc only had SP1 on then you need to download an SP1 version, if your disc was OEM, then you need an OEM disc, as there are different keys for different versions.:)

Yeah, I forgot to mention that too. I tried to use a different type of key for the XP install I did once and it didn't go over so well.

no, I tried it and no luck, any ideas? It did however bnot skip as many .dll's this time.

Thats a shame, your CD must be in a pretty poor state:( but hey all is not lost, do as the others have said and download it, remember what i said before lol (look a bit deeper P2P)!!!

Back
Top Bottom