Bible

Thats what our RE teacher told us
we have to learn so much stuff in RE this year that isnt related to religion , come to think of it it is easy though , half of it is common sense and it is 100% exam which is easy
my last ever RE exam was last year. got a b. i didnt really revise and i always sucked so guess i was lucky. most of it is not religious and theres quite a lot of random bs added in :p anyway...

my last ever RE exam was last year. got a b. i didnt really revise and i always sucked so guess i was lucky. most of it is not religious and theres quite a lot of random bs added in :p anyway...
We did half last year and half this year , i got an A last year but i dunno if i will do the same this year cos i have loads more exams going on at the same time .
as for what you have to learn , we have to learn about fertility treeatment as one of the units which is pretty easy but there is loads of stuff to remember

Well, its not saying ot rape women and kill men. It is written back when women were not thought to be able to think on there own, that men wer dominant. It does not not say to kill either, everyone takes the bible and ten commandments literly. THe cammandment that says, thou shalt not kill, does not literlly mean KILL. If you tease someone and they dont like it, its still breaking that commandment. In this passage, I would say that it was written in a much different era and it is hard to translate, but that followers are more important basically, and women, children, and animals do not know better.

I read the previous verses which put it into context. It is saying that is a large army try to start war with you do not be affraid because god will deliver them to you and give you their land etc.

I want to comment on this thread, but will do it tomorrow as just got in from the pub, and watched the scousers get murked!!!!

I want to comment on this thread, but will do it tomorrow as just got in from the pub, and watched the scousers get murked!!!!

yeah they got owned to the max i didnt watch the match i flicked onto bbc news 24 earlier and saw
and being drunk aint the best time to be making comments on serious matters

you guys totally interpreted it wrong. A little bit before it says, when you are marching up to attack a city, offer peace, if they accept than they will be subject to forced labor and work for you, if they dont accept and engage in battle with you, lay siege to that city" then it goes into your verse.
Its not talking about just kill all men that dont love God. Its saying, kill them if they refuse your peace offer and engage in battle with you.

Back
Top Bottom