help me convince my parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of bringing up my job, since I current am a ASP programmer. But I know shes going to say that I already have internet access from my friend. I really want my own connection that I have control over. Something my mom will not understand lol :p

You could say that your neighbor doesn't want you leeching off his internet anymore. If she takes the bait you could have her believe that internet leeching is technically illegal (it actually is if you don't have the consent of the person you're leeching from).

Or you could go the hard way and actually earn money with a job.

Well I already pay my cell phone bill 100% and that takes most of my income. If I start giving her money for internet I wouldn't be able to go out with friends since everything they want to do cost money.

Well I already pay my cell phone bill 100% and that takes most of my income. If I start giving her money for internet I wouldn't be able to go out with friends since everything they want to do cost money.

you are 17. Shouldn't be a problem to pay $15/month.

cant you ask your neighbour to upgrade his line and then share the bandwidth so he gets 60% and you get 40% or something :p
if not then i agree paying for it yourself isnt that bad. or atleast halfing with parents. i have a crappy job with a crappy wage and i work low hours but i could still pay £25 a month for the rip off broadband im on atm.. although my parents pay for it :D

cant you ask your neighbour to upgrade his line and then share the bandwidth so he gets 60% and you get 40% or something :p
if not then i agree paying for it yourself isnt that bad. or atleast halfing with parents. i have a crappy job with a crappy wage and i work low hours but i could still pay £25 a month for the rip off broadband im on atm.. although my parents pay for it :D

I wouldnt have a problem paying but I already pay 85$ a month for my cell phone bill.

I wouldnt have a problem paying but I already pay 85$ a month for my cell phone bill.
woahh thats a lot. i could probly make that last atleast 6 months, more towards a year (i text online and use my credit sensibly)

If you want, you could have a free dial-up service, but I know you're going to hate it.

Cheap DSLs from Version maybe? I don't know what Verison has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom