help on uninstalling

infamy

Solid State Member
ok my question is you download a program you installed the program and then uninstalled it do you still get you gb's or mb's back from used? and for example you download music you delete it you get your mb's and gb's back is the same with uninstalling programs thanks bye.

yeah most of it theres always a small percent lost because everything is recoverable therefore it is stored somewhere

but say if you have a 100 Mb hardrive with 60Mb free and deleted a 4Mb MP3 from it it would show you had 64MB free but within the remaining 64MB there would be a sort of ghost file of the mp3 file you deleted and until you overwrite some of that space it will stay there ??

u understand what i mean ??? u do get that space back but it is usually in use by old deleted files until you everwrite them ??

am i making sense ?

the simple answer is yes

yea but is it the same for installing and unstalling programs u install and then uninstall the program do u get ur gb's back? like a mp3 for example?

yea but is it the same for installing and unstalling programs u install and then uninstall the program do u get ur gb's back? like a mp3 for example?

yes you get your gb's and mb's back when you delete files. you just have to empty the recycle bin.

works the same way for every file on the computer; when you delete it, it gives you back your mb's.

ok what about for unstalling programs? once u unstall the program do u get ur gbs' back?

It doesnt wipe the HDD. clean if that is what you mean ,it only frees up the space that the utility was written to be able to be written over when you need the space.In fact if you even use a program to clean out a deleted utility it really just writes over it a few times. you never get it clean only available to be written on again,that is why when a hard drive is confiscated they can retrieve the info that was on it,even if you deleted it!!!

It doesnt wipe the HDD. clean if that is what you mean ,it only frees up the space that the utility was written to be able to be written over when you need the space.In fact if you even use a program to clean out a deleted utility it really just writes over it a few times. you never get it clean only available to be written on again,that is why when a hard drive is confiscated they can retrieve the info that was on it,even if you deleted it!!!

yh thats kinda the point i was tryin to get across ;)

ok thanks cause i have a old pc game installed which is gb's and i want to unstall it and i was wondering if i could get the 3 gb's back so i think i will get them back onced unstall correct? like i can use those 3 gb's for something else?

Back
Top Bottom