HD install on a CD duplicator

fhinspectit

Beta member
I just ordered a CD duplicator. It came with an option for a HD installed. I have a HD so I opted not to get the one with the cd dup. My question is? is it difficult to install an HD in a duplicator. I have built several CPU's I know it said in the add that with a HD installed each cd can be in a separate partition on the HD. I was told that once I open the case I void the warranty. should I format the disk on my cpu prior to installing it on the cd duplicator. anyone familiar with cd duplicators please chime in.

I just ordered a CD duplicator. It came with an option for a HD installed. I have a HD so I opted not to get the one with the cd dup. My question is? is it difficult to install an HD in a duplicator. I have built several CPU's I know it said in the add that with a HD installed each cd can be in a separate partition on the HD. I was told that once I open the case I void the warranty. should I format the disk on my cpu prior to installing it on the cd duplicator. anyone familiar with cd duplicators please chime in.
what do you mean by formatting the cpu disk?

what do you mean by formatting the cpu disk?

this is from the buyers site

Hard Drive Option

A hard drive can be added for storage and better performance. A hard drive will increase the burning speed and stability of duplication.

The hard drive will be divided into smaller partitions where each partition can hold one source disc. The number of partitions will depend on the size of the drive. Users can access the hard drive from the controller panel to write, delete, and select a partition. If you have multiple originals which need to be duplicated time after time, the Hard drive is definitely recommended.

i get you. the hard drive works as a cache. but i think it has partitioning on it which will be difficult for you to figure out. just buy the hard drive from them, it would be alot easier.

no offence, but CPU stands for central processing unit. get it right. it does not mean "box for the computer"

moving on....yea you have to format the hard drive before putting it in, and can u give us some more detail on the cd duplicator? does it like have a monitor input or what?

the cd duplicator is a 5 in 1. It has a control panel which from reading the buyer info my take care of the hd partitioning for me. you insert cd into cd rom the control panel acts as the brain and it has 5 cd writable drives. here is some more info on the product.

Completely STANDALONE CD duplicator (no computer or software is required)
Language supports English, Spanish, French, and Japanese
Our CD Duplicators have a counter function that allows you to track the number of disc you've duplicated, and the number of disc left to be duplicated.
Assign/rename/delete name for optional Hard Drive partition.
Able to add password protection.
Able to loading master disc automatically into the Hard Drive and copy directly from the loaded Hard Drive if a hard drive is installed.
Firmware upgradability via duplicator CD-ROM
Disc Info feature: Provides the format of the disc & the disc manufacturer's information.
Selectable CD burning speeds
Automatic CD format recognition
Power boot self diagnostics
Error detection features: test and copy, copy and compare
User friendly 'easy-to-read' LCD display, no training is necessary.
Upgradable for future drive technology
Continuous copying without waiting for cool down
here is a link to a similar control panel

DESCRIPTION
The easy to operate control panel offers many advanced features such as; AutoCopy, Account Management, Hard Drive Partition Naming if hard drive is installed, and much much more.

pardon my use of cpu next time I'll try to "get it right"

My question is, do I need to do anything prior to installing the hd, the description makes it sound like the control panel might partition the HD as needed.
here is a link to a similar control panel http://www.bsamedia.com/cd398.html

upon reading the manual for the control panel above, it states that it will autimatically create partitions once hd is detected. although this is not the control panel I will have,but I believe they all should function about the same. Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom