vista isnt bad actually

bullzi

Fully Optimized
well, i got vista ultimate, and its been WAY blown up, i havent found one thing wrong with it yet, but its not on my custom its on a vista capable laptop so all driver's are fine, i have 1gb of ram (only 768 really cause the integrated graphics uses 256 of that) i can run aero nice and smooth, doesnt lag at all with 768ram, when using internet explorer 64-bit and WMP, i use roughly 80% of ram and with dual core she flies, the widgets on the side are awesome, you can download new ones from the website, anyway for those of you who were thinking of waiting for vista, if you have a manufactured pc get it now, if you dont, wait till service pack 1 comes out, that will fix all the driver issues

kyle

yeah, I think I might consider getting it for a media center pc when SP1 comes out, but I'm sticking with xp for now, just becuase it isn't broken.

but yeah, I was talking with some friends at school, and some of them have vista, and like it.

ya, ive had it for a day, but still its exceeded my expectations, so many new things, and everything works great, mutlitasking is awesome now on a 64-bit OS

well, i got vista ultimate, and its been WAY blown up, i havent found one thing wrong with it yet, but its not on my custom its on a vista capable laptop so all driver's are fine, i have 1gb of ram (only 768 really cause the integrated graphics uses 256 of that) i can run aero nice and smooth, doesnt lag at all with 768ram, when using internet explorer 64-bit and WMP, i use roughly 80% of ram and with dual core she flies, the widgets on the side are awesome, you can download new ones from the website, anyway for those of you who were thinking of waiting for vista, if you have a manufactured pc get it now, if you dont, wait till service pack 1 comes out, that will fix all the driver issues

kyle
Yea vista isnt bad. I had it for a week. The 1st thing I thought was "wow! this is great! i dont see any bugs! wtf r ppl talking about?"

Well that changed fast. lol. Hope everything goes well with you. But I rather stay with trusty XP :p

ya, well im givin it a try, what went wrong on yours? so i know what to look for...

Vista isn't THAT bad. It just doesn't work well in my machine. THe OS is picky on sound cards.

ya, well im givin it a try, what went wrong on yours? so i know what to look for...

The Aero theme liked to crash alot. Constant reboots.

Also my onboard sound driver didnt work well, so I wouldnt get sound at times.

And some other little things. But other than crashes and poor driver support its a good OS.

idk, i dont have an ipod, i have a creative zen, i think it does, but dont quote me on that...

Windows Vista isn't as bad as some take it for. At least have the courtesy to actually try out the OS before you start making comments and criticisms about it. It's a bit dependent on RAM, but if you have around 1GB to 2GB you should be perfectly fine.

I would recommend a dual-core computer with a decent video card that has 256MB of RAM if you want completely smooth sailing. My computer's only weakness is the 1GB of RAM and the single-core 3200+ CPU. Some CPU intensive tasks lag up a bit, but other than that I love Vista.

I think the Service Pack 1, codenamed 'Fiji', should be released later this year.

Back
Top Bottom