hopefully you can identify this problem

adrian krstisto

Baseband Member
ive been getting random lock ups while using my computer. It happens when im playing games or just browsing the web.

It started a while back and it ended up making the windows start up screen(w/that blue streak) take twice as long to start up. I also get a few dirty volume errors with both my c: and f: drives.

here are my specs

asus p5n32 sli se delux
duo core e6700
8800gtx 512
2 gigs ram

temps ok as i use liquid cooling

c: drive is from 2004
f: drive - my second one in 1 year

my f: drives seem to falter(not seriously) everytime i hook em up to this pc

i can go a week w/o a crash and them BAM!

Could this be faulty mother board?
Bad ram?
HD?

what tools do you suggest i use to figure out this mess?:)

i just used the nvidia memory stress test and i passed. now checking my disk

ive been getting random lock ups while using my computer. It happens when im playing games or just browsing the web.

It started a while back and it ended up making the windows start up screen(w/that blue streak) take twice as long to start up. I also get a few dirty volume errors with both my c: and f: drives.

here are my specs

asus p5n32 sli se delux
duo core e6700
8800gtx 512
2 gigs ram

temps ok as i use liquid cooling

c: drive is from 2004
f: drive - my second one in 1 year

my f: drives seem to falter(not seriously) everytime i hook em up to this pc

i can go a week w/o a crash and them BAM!

Could this be faulty mother board?
Bad ram?
HD?

what tools do you suggest i use to figure out this mess?:)

i just used the nvidia memory stress test and i passed. now checking my disk

seems unstable, have you overclocked?

if you havent overclocked, go reset cmos.

unplug the computer and take out the cmos battery, then flip the blue jumper next to the battery thing, put the battery back in, plug in comp, turn on, turn off, switch back jumper, turn on.

That is piss poor info there, you dont need to turn the comp off and on to reset the CMOS, simply switching the jumper accross and then back again does the job. What your recommending can damage the computer.

You should goto the HDD manufacturers website and download the diagnostic tools. Also download memtest and run that aswell. Have you ran chkdsk on the dirty volumes?

Back
Top Bottom