Brand new system getting E:\$Mft....what the....???

Mule1

Beta member
OK, new system, Asus M2n32 deluxe MB, GE 7950GT video card, AMD 64 dual core, 4 gig ram, two 160g western digital HD's, and two 320g western digital HD's, and Windows XP home edition. I keep getting this error, "Windows - delayed write failed. Windows was unable to save all the date for the file E:\Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computers hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere."
I'm at a complete loss on this one because as a test, last night I turned my computer on before going to bed, I let it sit idle all night, checked it first thing this AM, and had the same error waiting for me on my toolbar. I get this error at any random time with no apparant cause or relief. Can someone please help me? I've reinstalled my OS 2x's now with no relief. As best I can tell is it may be a Microsoft software update issue, because it seems to work fine for the first few days I use my cpu, but when I start installing vital programs, and Microsoft updates is when the error seems to flare up. But I can't be sure on this without dumping my whole OS again and downloading each update one by one, which does not sound like much fun. I've downloaded and run manufacturer disk diagnostics for each drive with no luck. I appreciate all assistance. Thanks again.

and if that dont work give this a shot

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
3. In Registry Editor, locate the following subkey in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet \
Services\LanmanServer\
Parameters
4. In the right pane, click EnableOplocks, and then press ENTER.
5. In the Value data box, type 0, and then press ENTER.
6. Quit Registry Editor.
7. Reboot computet and see what happens

Maybe the 3rd hard drive. I would say switch up the ide (or ata) cables and see if it still says E: or if it changes to F: or D:.

your ram might be bad do you know how to run mem test

Not sure, but I bet there a free download I could find, unless there is a better way?

Maybe the 3rd hard drive. I would say switch up the ide (or ata) cables and see if it still says E: or if it changes to F: or D:.

Actually I did this the first time I reinstalled my OS, but it didn't change.

Back
Top Bottom