can someone please help?

DrKlunk

Beta member
Alright, I built my computer on a $600 budget and was able to stay in it. I kind-of regret it though because I don't feel Im getting the best performance out of it. This is my computer:

Motherboard- Gigabyte
Processor- Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz
Ram- 1gig
Video Card- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 gt

But my problem is severe lag when I play a game. For example; when I play Titan Quest I tend to lag a lot when there are a lot of enemies on the screen. I lag even when Im not moving, the particles lag lol. The settings aren't even on the complete middle. If you need any other info just ask and ill give it to you.

-Thanks

I think part of the problem may be the P4. It's not exactly the best gamming processor out there.

What operating system are you using? if it's vista, save up and grab another gig of RAM.

Alright, I built my computer on a $600 budget and was able to stay in it. I kind-of regret it though because I don't feel Im getting the best performance out of it. This is my computer:

Motherboard- Gigabyte
Processor- Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz
Ram- 1gig
Video Card- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 gt

But my problem is severe lag when I play a game. For example; when I play Titan Quest I tend to lag a lot when there are a lot of enemies on the screen. I lag even when Im not moving, the particles lag lol. The settings aren't even on the complete middle. If you need any other info just ask and ill give it to you.

-Thanks

hmm, celgorm, at 3.06GHz it shouldnt be lagging. Never heard of titan quest lol, what resolution is it and what is the recomended specifacations on the box of the game?

i think your problem might be hyperthreading. go to system properties and tell us what it says, if im right, it should say Intel(R) Pentium 4 3.06GHz, Pentium 4 1.53GHz 1.0GB System RAM. If it says something like this, or at least the 3.06 1.53 part, you vhave hyperthreading on. go into BIOS and turn off hyperthreading, and check back and tell us if it still lags!

uh if it says 3.06GHz and not 1.53GHz then umm, run memtest or something and check back!

I said the P4 might be part of the problem, not the entire thing. I know from experiance that games don't run so well on a P4 compaired to others in that price range.

I have never seen a P4 with HT on that came up with less speed. THe three i have in my house and none do that and i can guarentee you HT is on in BIOS.

DrKlunk, have you tried different video drivers?

in my system it says: Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz 3.08GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

im running Windows XP Pro service pack 2

my screen resolution is 1280 by 1024 if thats what you mean.

as far as different video drivers go, no. ive tried updating it but thats it.

I have the game..what a system hog..lol...I'd turn dow the res..i only have a 6200 so i run it at 800X600..but at 1024X768 it really crawels

A 3 GHz Pentium 4 is the recommended processor. That means you will probably only get medium settings with it at best...turn down the settings.

I have the game..what a system hog..lol...I'd turn dow the res..i only have a 6200 so i run it at 800X600..but at 1024X768 it really crawels

lol, amen. ill try that though. i just like the UI being smaller, buts its a sacrifice i am wiling to make.

forgive me for the double post

i tried the resolution for the game, it doesnt exactly fix my problem. i still lag the same, maybe a bit less. its noticeably different though.

my friend suggested that my motherboard might be bottle necking my performance. which i think might be true. ive read some bad reviews on it, some good.

Back
Top Bottom