Bible

Steff

Daemon Poster
Just now I was reading a passage out of the bible that got showen to me. Dunno if any of you find it interesting but here goes...

Deuteronomy 20:13-14 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

13And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:

14But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Basically....

Anyone who doesnt believe in the lord should be killed by you, but keep the women so you can rape them and anything that is theirs is now yours if you kill them as a gift from god, hmm....

yep although i see the bible as just a book of stories

prolly the only part of the bible i remember other than creation is when a women has sbeen caght in adultery and the locals have her tied up and ready to stone her and then along comes jesus so the locals ask him what they should do so jesus says
He who is without sin shalt cast the first stone
at that all the locals leave
we have to learn that for RE as we can get more marks if we can quote the bible in our exam

Deuteronomy belongs to the Old Testament, right ? And the name of the God saying those words is Jehovah and he was saying these words to Jews or this was what they heard from him. But who says he says the same to Christians, Jesus came to show the Jews how wrong they were in their understanding of God.
BTW, is the Old Testament accepted by either Catholic or Presbeterian church?

It says the lord so I assume the 'person' everyone looks up to, either way it was preeched to kill people because they were a different religion.

It says the lord so I assume the 'person' everyone looks up to, either way it was preeched to kill people because they were a different religion.
Yet the ten commandmants
one of them says tho shalt not kkill
that is why i am not religious cos it is all hypocritical nonesense

Yea, I'm open minded about things, but it seems its going back on itself. Also Jesus would have been black and not white as the church portrays him as.

its a "book of books" according to my RE teacher a few years ago. she knew her stuff. pity she made it all so boring
Thats what our RE teacher told us
we have to learn so much stuff in RE this year that isnt related to religion , come to think of it it is easy though , half of it is common sense and it is 100% exam which is easy

Back
Top Bottom