I knew this day would come (could use some help)

yeah the truth of it is unless you reformat there are gonna be traces of stuff left behind like stuff in program files the registry temporary files etc

and i dont think they will be too happy if you reformat the hardrive coz most companys have 'images' they put on there company laptops which unless you have that image it is almost impossible to install everything the way they did :(

is it really that bad ??? i dont think they will mind i mean c'mon its 2007 they really cnt expect to give some1 a laptop and presuming its wireless see that annoying wireless networks have been detected and not go on the internet ?

If you do anything, they will know. If they found out you were trying to cover your tracks they'll prolly pull out the microscope to find out what you've been up to. If you haven't done anything wrong, just do a recoverey, send it to the IT, and tell them you recovered it for them. They may not even look at it.

personaly the best idea so far is just go to the it guys and explain to them , mostly they should be reasonable i mean come on they will understand and maybe bribe them with beer

the second best idea is just reformat it and tell them you had a problem and you just reformatted it

only thing is if you have been doing things like online banking your details wont be securley removved from the hard drive

Wow guys, it's not like his company is going to spend hundreds of dollars or hours upon hours just to find out if he played some games...

Simply removing whatever was put on there and using a free program like CCleaner should be fine.

Wow guys, it's not like his company is going to spend hundreds of dollars or hours upon hours just to find out if he played some games...

Simply removing whatever was put on there and using a free program like CCleaner should be fine.
yeah i agree but if he has been doing stuff like ebay or onlne banking i would recomend some form of reformat at least
wait for him to reply and if he hasnt done any ebay or online banking uninstalling it all and cc cleaner does the trick fine

I don't wish to make presumptions, but if you really are that worried you must have something to hide? we all have cob webs in our cupboard somewhere;). you should take the advice of what the majority of people have said and reformat its the only true way to completely cover your tracks.
If you do have a recovery disc or partition on your laptop then it should be a snip just remember to back up your data first in case you don't wasn't to lose everything.

If they really, really want to get the data, they probably will. The only way to ensure that the data isn't recoverable is to destroy the hard drive...

Back
Top Bottom