Keyboard Key - Startup computer..

Steemax

Daemon Poster
So i Set up my laptop wtih a monitor.. I also have a keyboard and mouse attached to it.. I was wondering if there's anyway to boot up the computer with the press of a keyboard button... kinda like the oldschool macs that had the on button on the keyboard.

Thanks!

there is an option in my bios for a keboard shortcut boot but it dosent work and i dont think there is no other way other than to attach a wire to a button inside the keyboard to the power button

hi,

i have that setting in my bios but have never really attemptem to use it i would imagine boot into your bios find the bit that lists your devices and next to it should be allow this device to turn on your computer

or something along the lines of that activate it shutdown your pc and start pushing buttons on your keyboard ????

probably wont work but thats the 1st thing i would try in your position

I found the "Wake on Key press" didn't work.. not even with hibernation mode, or standby. Hmm what about starting up the laptop from hibernation wtih keyboard? Only way for me to do it currently is to open the lid of hte lappy and it gets outa hibernation but I got it set up as a desktop wtih moniter keyboard and mouse.. and i got stuff ont eh laptop (Modem router) and dont feel like carrying those off to open the lid and all that. well you get the point.

find the button that you use the least on the keyboard and put a power switch in it, and connect it to the inside of the power button on the laptop. or just get a friggn desktop.

my bios has an option to wake on mouse, space bar, or power key on keyboard (I have a keyboard w/ a power key...)

The only problem with "wake" is that it is talking about turning it on from a power save mode, not a complete off.

I personally doubt it's possible because the keyboard needs power from the computer, and the comptuer doesn't get power untill the power-button shorts a circut. So press all you want, nothing is reconising your keystroke.

Back
Top Bottom