Soundmax Mutes Wave Volume on Boot Up

othepla

Beta member
It is more of a nuisance then a problem. I had just bought a new case and transfered every thing into it. When I boot up my computer Soundmax will mute the wave volume. So every time I boot up the computer I have to remember to open up the control panel and turn up the volume and it fixes my problem until the next boot up. I have an Asus A8R-MVP motherboard (I know many say it is buggy, but there wasn't anything wrong with it in my previous case) and and Atec p180 case (with front panel audio). I have uninstalled Soundmax and reinstalled and the problem continues. If I leave Soundmax off I have sound on boot up but then all I have is the crappy windows volume controls. I am looking for a permanent fix to this problem.

O.S. - Windows Xp (SP2)
MoBo - Asus A8R-MVP
Bios - V0602
Software - Soundmax v5.2

So if your getting this problem with all the same equipment but a diffrent case then I see what is different. Did your old case have front panel audio? Umm, is there anything plugged in that wasn't plugged in before? (Aux wire or something) Think of stuff that wasn't the same in the other case.

Sorry..yes my last case did have front audio. The only difference is that my old case had individual plugs for the audio and my my new antec case has all the ends grouped together in one continues plug both for the AC'97 and HD audio. So i couldn't possibly have put a plug in the wrong place. My HD Audio is also turned on in bios.

Back
Top Bottom