Windows wont install

pbaldwin05

Beta member
I just built a new office computer and when trying to install windows it gives me the blue screen of death and the bottom line error is "pci.sys-address f75760bf base at f7556f000, Datestamp3b7d855c" . I know the problem isnt RAM or HDD related. The system i built is a:

intel p4 631+ 3ghz 800fsb 2mb L2 cache processor
Asus P5VD2 MX SE mobo
1gig of DDR2 RAM
80gig Sata HDD

The problem occurs after all of the necessary files load to install windows, as soon as it says "starting windows" to enter the screen where it gives you the choice of choosing to repair your installation or installing windows it gives me that blue screen...the only thing i can come up with is that my windows XP is 32-bit whereas this, i believe, is a 64-bit processor...but i was under the impression that it was still possible to run 32bit windows with a 64bit processor...please help ASAP. Thanks.

Yes the stop errors read: 0x0000007E (0x0000005, 0xF75760BF, 0xF79C2208, 0xF79C1F08) I should also mention i have an older copy of windows xp, the version i have contains no service packs.

yes, i've used this CD many times. I checked out those links and i cant seem to find anything that pertains to my problem...i wondering if i got a bad mobo now..

ok for all who read this, i found the solution for my computer. The prolem was the xp disc i was using was too old for the newer systems. I had no service pack updates or any type of updates for that matter on my XP discs...it was in fact onhe of the first versions of xp that came out...so all beware of this issue.

hmmm ????

i dnt believe that was your problem it may have been the disk corrupt or scratched but old software i dont think so ...

i have similar motherboard without the SE ;) and because i was curious about this problem i grabbed my older 10Gb IDE hardrive and my very first xp pro disk without n e updates or service packs and it installed fine

i literally just finished the install now coz when i read that post i have have never heard of that being the problem sooo.... it might have been scrathed or corrupt the but actual age of the software was not your problem ;)

P.S im reformattin that old hardrive as i cnt be bothered to do all the updates and download the service pack 2 etc

Back
Top Bottom