Flash Tutorial

hi...! any1 here can help me with flash? Reallly need to noe more 'bout it. how to start it eh?

Hi momoe
My tutorial is a starting point for basic animation (real basic) but there is so much to flash, I started with a dummies book from the library, I learnt basic animation from that, and I've worked the rest out, it isnt hard, and I dont mind it, if you're trying to do something you can't work out, just Google it, I do it, we all do it. If you want help with any particular problem, just PM or email me, I'll help you out.
I am thinking of doing some more tutorials at some point, I'm rather tied up at the moment, but if I ever get around it I may do some features of flash such as library, behaviours (flash coding without needing to know how to code, very handy) etc etc.

On another note, just to clear the confusion, .png files are actually just the newer version of .gifs, just smaller, with more colours etc. The only problem with them is that they aren't universally displayed with all browsers, all the main players, FF, IE, Opera, Netscape, Safari etc etc will be alright, but wait about a year before basing an entire website on them. However, if you're going to use a .png in a flash movie, it doesnt matter. JPG are still probs the best for pictures (eg "me on hols") that sorta picture, graphics and logos are best done in .png or .gif, depending on how many browsers you want to support with your website.

Really, the point with my tutorial was just to get someone off their feet, which I can never find stuff on when I'm trying to learn something new.

btw Rakedog, do you actually have Gentoo? Just wondering really, I'm gonna do it some day.

Pretty nice flash tutorial. My web design class just got finished with a series of flash tutorial videos. Its very fun and time consuming I must say...

-sam

Yeh. i SWEAR by PNG. Here are the problems with Gif and JPEG

Gif: Not enough colours makes it go crappy :)
JPEG: Okay for Images, but Text Bleach/Blend's in (I have forgotten the word :D)
PNG: Small File sizes, Exellent Quality, Loads of Colours. I THINK you can animate them too.....

Eh heh heh heh.... :confused: You have your information incorrect. :eek:

PNG are not small, they are huge and cause extremely slow loading times. JPEG are O.K. for websites as long as you don't use too many. .GIF are "ehh" quality and should be used carefully, although they can be animated.

How would I get a media player that contained multiple songs and function well? I have set up one but I am not a big fan of how the design turned out and I can only get one song to work. Any thoughts?

Flash Programming is my favorite among other software because I can create animation and others. I admit that I still have time to learn more in this kind of software so that I can apply this in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom