I'm really sorry

What do you want to have out of the comp? Triv, is it for gaming or for multimedia or what? We can build the computer around what you want it for.

haha, ok completly fogot to look, Ok why not get a nicer video card? up it to about a 100+ for a GT or GTX model.What size RAM would suit him best? What speed and type.

I'd say build your own PC for the following reasons:
1) no bloatware. Sure it's more convenient to go to bestbuy and buy one but then you have to deal with annoying sales people, and the computer comes loaded with a bunch of crapware you'll never use and games you'll probably never play.
2) better parts- you can get better deals on parts and they're higher quality than what manufacturers use in their computers.
3) customization- you can choose your own case, your own parts and basically make it YOUR own PC whether you add some neon lights or whatever.
4) upgrade options- building is better in the longrun because you can upgrade better. Manufacturers (not meaning to pick on anyone but... DELL is famous for this) make their computers so you can only upgrade the RAM, graphics card and that's about it since they use proprietary parts. If you build, you can always add stuff to it from newegg.com or wherever and not have to worry about whether it's compatible with dell or whatever.
5) support- who needs "tech support"? You've got a forum here with people who have far more knowledge than any tech support agent. Why spend 5 hours on the phone with "bob" in india while he asks you "is it plugged in?" "is it turned on?"

That's just how I see it. If you want to buy a pre made PC then go ahead, I personally regretted it and will build next time around so I don't have to deal with a manufacturer and their run arounds. Sure it might be a little bit cheaper to buy a pre built PC but I'd say fork out the extra few dollars and know that you're getting a quality computer by building it yourself.
A very good, strong post, personally I couldn't build mine, but I did the next best thing, a friend who builds computers at his small local business barely 5 miles from where I live built mine, & did a great job.
Like lhuser, Ithink you should have pos reps, here's one from me:)

Thank You guys
Um you asked what i want?
Dual core AMD or Intel It doesnt matter
2Gb of ram
7200 or 10,000 Sata drive
DVD-RW/R
256-512 MB GPU

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that i don't need a moniter or keyboard or mouse I have those right now thanks sorry I have a 17 "LCd
I might choose a different case but the rest looks good thanks

your welcome, bad thing is you know that cases are only meant for certain boards right? I am sure you can find some cheaper PSUs and cases though.
-good luck and tell us how it goes.

A very good, strong post, personally I couldn't build mine, but I did the next best thing, a friend who builds computers at his small local business barely 5 miles from where I live built mine, & did a great job.
Like lhuser, Ithink you should have pos reps, here's one from me:)

Thanks for the rep guys! :)

Personally I can't stand people getting ripped off when it comes to computers. I can't tell you how many times I've had people complain to me about bloatware on their PC, or about how fast their PC outdates and how they need an upgrade after they just bought the PC. I've also heard tons of cases about how tech support is useless, and how replacement parts for their PC are outrageously priced.

I bought a premade PC just because I needed something quick and didn't have the money to build so I bought a dell that was previously owned but never used. It's just a tide-over until I build a new computer which I hope will be this summer.

Brookfield,
I'd say having someone build your computer for you is pretty cool. If you don't know how to do it, sometimes you can watch and see how things are done which is pretty fun. I'm surprised I know what a lot of the stuff inside is, there's so much in there and I can see how people can easily be confused by it.

Back
Top Bottom