Really Messed Up CD

ace777

Fully Optimized
My friend is an idiot, I had a XP disk that wasn't in that bad of condition, when I used the setup and tried to copy files (on a blank HD) certain files would not copy. It would say " the CD you have may not be a geniune OS disk) I know thats not true I have used i before. So he suggesyy to use a scratch remover kit, pop itt in only skips 4 now. I am annoyed when I arrive home and actually look at the CD it is completlly covered in scratches! they are lite but still all over. When I gave it to him before it had 8 at most (some deep), so I am really mad now and bad thing is I am out 100$ for an Os disk:
my question is are there any GOOD scratch remover kits that will allow the disk to read? I also heard of skins do those work well?
-thanks
ace777

IMO, scratch remove doesn't do much. I had a Windows XP lite edition that was the best thing to have. It wasn't loading a file and tat was due to a deep scratch. It was fixed, but still didn't work. I threw it out.

well that sucks, where can I buy a cheap OS? also have you heardof those skins? I heard that they are really good.

well you can probably take it to a game store and they might resurface it for you, i dont know if that would work but it sure did fix up my d00m3 disk that i found really scratched up.

are these skins legal? if not , stop talking about it

Why would they be illlegal? I saw them on TV! and wht shops do they reapiar CD? The only ones here are Gamestop,EB, and rhino.

well, since you do have the original cd key (right?) I don't think it would be that bad if you just downloaded the OS and burned it on a dvd.

Try the program BLIND WRITE this is an excellent software for copying scratched disc's, I have used it successfully many times.
Run it on the read only first, then burn option.

Back
Top Bottom