crysis

A line needs to be drawn so we can tell the difference between having fun in virtual reality and killing in reality.

I agree...Developers will get to a point where it looks as realistic as real life, and at that point, As Alvino said, The line needs to be drawn.

If it ever got that realistic it would push me away because it's a daily flashback of what I see on the streets.

But then again, This IS America.

I agree...Developers will get to a point where it looks as realistic as real life, and at that point, As Alvino said, The line needs to be drawn.

If it ever got that realistic it would push me away because it's a daily flashback of what I see on the streets.

But then again, This IS America.

I think there's a line between simulators and games. I think that eventually it will come to the point where shooting and violent games are more like simulators because they are so real. I think that there needs to be a line drawn, I don't mind if they have real graphics and stuff, but when they resemble real life on a large scale then something needs to be done.

put it on 1920x1200 with AA and AF and it will bring an 8800GTX to its knees...and that was on DX9, DX10 will be a different story.

These screen shots are from when Crysis was first announced over a year ago.

crysis-carrier-inside-corridor2.jpg

crysis-carrier-inside-corridor-empt.jpg

crysis-carrier-inside-corridor.jpg

crysis-carrier-inside-missiles.jpg

Unreal 3 does not have indoor scenes as good as that.

1: Those screens are old. They mean absolutely nothing now.
2: I've seen better indoor environments in quake4 and Half-Life2.. so if those are from one year ago, they are not impressive.
put it on 1920x1200 with AA and AF and it will bring an 8800GTX to its knees...and that was on DX9, DX10 will be a different story.

Heheh.. thats why I go budget until the game I REALLY want comes out.. wait until hardware comes out that can destroy the game.. THEN buy...
Fav game: UT2004.
Current box: Smooth sailing maxed out.
I'll wait until the same is possible with ut3.. until then, settings go down.

1: Those screens are old. They mean absolutely nothing now.
2: I've seen better indoor environments in quake4 and Half-Life2.. so if those are from one year ago, they are not impressive.

Heheh.. thats why I go budget until the game I REALLY want comes out.. wait until hardware comes out that can destroy the game.. THEN buy...
Fav game: UT2004.
Current box: Smooth sailing maxed out.
I'll wait until the same is possible with ut3.. until then, settings go down.

Lmao, are you kidding me?

8800GTX for Crysis? hmmm.....Not with 1920x1200 with AA and AF. Crysis will bring that card to it's knees. However CryEngine2 is does look very nice. The scenery is great, good lighting, and overall I think it looks phenomenal.

Unreal 3 engine looks fantastic too. But also requires a hardware premium. Alvin, you need to remember that R500 is not a bad video card at all...probably better than any 8600GTS, or HD 2600. Couple that with a cpu that has three cores, and wow....its amazing. Unreal 3 will also bring a system to it's knees.

With all that said, looking at both engines, they can't be compared. CryEngine 2 will probably not be licensed out to other companies as it is relatively new and probably the code for it is quite confusing. While Unreal 3 engine is made to be modular, made for it to be easy to understand, made so it is easy to bring to other platforms while maintaining the same efficiency that it has.

CryEngine 2 and Unreal 3 engine are all very optimized, fantastic graphics and the requirements are not insane. There are the requirements for crysis
See? not too bad. So you have to say that both of these engines are VERY optimized, unlike some engines....*cough*ea*cough*
So stop your bickering and just buy the games when they come out and appreciate that your computer doesn't blow up trying to run them.

Agreed. Haha, yeah EA's engines SUCK. Period. Let's hope that DICE doesn't fcuk up the Frostbite Engine.

Crysis has definately improved in the looks, inside and outside. Quake 4's interiors are okay. I never liked id Software's DOOM Engine. It had great shading, but the walls looked too shiny and polished. Half-Life 2's indoors are okay. I definately can't wait to see the improved Source Engine in Episode Two. :D

Quake 4? umm....okay. Quake 4 and Doom 3 were by far some of the not so good games I've played. They just repeat themselves...not that fun. The source engine is amazing. Very optimized and runs great....the physics can be improved though :p

Back
Top Bottom