Advice on new desktop pc

no I was a TOTAL noob when I got on this site,
wasn't as bad as what mammi said but still pretty bad, learned a lot from this site though!

I don't see a motherboard on that lsit. Did you just forget to add it, or have you not ordered one yet?

since you were considering it earlier, i would stick with this. Your RAM is pretty generic and on the low end of things. Any motherboard that supports DDR2 will support that RAM.

As for installing the Operating System the first time on a new hard drive is deffinatly the easiest. The steps will be the same more or less for for XP pro or Vista. All you need to do is pop in your CD/DVD (whichever came our OS) and you're computer will boot off of it and guide you through the rest of the process.

I would say stick with Vista. If you're building a new computer now, all hardware support will be available with Windows Vista. No need to use XP unless you're planning to run some legacy software in which Vista has no support for. It's sooo popular now. We have Vista installed in all our labs here in the CIS department. No more XP. Other departments are running XP, but they need it because of the accounting software they use that requires it.

Back
Top Bottom