crysis

u forget one thing tho
the crytec engine is brand new and it looks already better then unreal
pluse crytec engine was designed will all dirext x ten in mind
unreal wasnt
so id say crytec engine is much powerfuler

Don't think for one moment that because CryENGINE 2 was designed specifically for DX10 and is new, that it immediately trumps the Unreal Engine 3.

Both look equally amazing, but I would have to give Unreal Engine 3 the upper hand. Why? Because Epic Games created an engine that looks absolutely gorgeous and can still run efficiently on almost anything. CryENGINE 2 requires VERY powerful and expensive hardware to run efficiently. You can't just compare the two between screenshots, you also have to see how it runs and what it offers other developers. If CryENGINE 2 is hard to work with, then it doesn't even matter how good it looks. That's also why so many developers have licensed Unreal Engine 3.

with my 32mb gpu i will surely be able to run Crysis at max settings lmfao not! but yeah this game looks sicks nasty I cant for it to come ou t

with my 32mb gpu i will surely be able to run Crysis at max settings lmfao not! but yeah this game looks sicks nasty I cant for it to come ou t
whaooooo
u got a 32meg gpu
that much have bin so much money
lucky =(
i beat that can support dirext x 8!
lol

Don't think for one moment that because CryENGINE 2 was designed specifically for DX10 and is new, that it immediately trumps the Unreal Engine 3.

Both look equally amazing, but I would have to give Unreal Engine 3 the upper hand. Why? Because Epic Games created an engine that looks absolutely gorgeous and can still run efficiently on almost anything. CryENGINE 2 requires VERY powerful and expensive hardware to run efficiently. You can't just compare the two between screenshots, you also have to see how it runs and what it offers other developers. If CryENGINE 2 is hard to work with, then it doesn't even matter how good it looks. That's also why so many developers have licensed Unreal Engine 3.

Wheres the proof that it requires a "VERY powerful" computer? Any benchies you see are fake, Crytek hasn't released any benchies, and hasn't given anyone a prerelease demo. So you can't jump to conclusions. Crytek is great at optimization. Unreal 3 is no doubt a great engine, but it sucks to have good physics you need a physics processor, so have fun buying one of those to play at its fullest potential. To compare the two engines unreal 3 engine is like the doom 3 engine and Cryengine is like the source engine. The cryenine goes for realism, unreal 2007 has that ugly plastic look.

UPDATE!

unreal3enginesucks.jpg

Nuff said.

Just seeing the minimum recommended specs are already proof enough that CryENGINE 2 has a hardware premium.

The cryenine goes for realism, unreal 2007 has that ugly plastic look.

That's your opinion. I beg to differ. Unreal Engine 3's indoors are very nice. Far from that "plastic" look.

These screen shots are from when Crysis was first announced over a year ago.

crysis-carrier-inside-corridor2.jpg

crysis-carrier-inside-corridor-empt.jpg

crysis-carrier-inside-corridor.jpg

crysis-carrier-inside-missiles.jpg

Unreal 3 does not have indoor scenes as good as that.

Obviously you're not getting what I'm saying. I'm not saying that Unreal Engine 3 is superior to CryENGINE 2 in terms of realism. I'm saying it's better because it offers great graphics and it can run on almost everything. CryENGINE 2 in it's own right is very nice, provided you have the hardware to run it.

You need to stop taking what I'm saying as threats and calm down. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom