Laptop Not Charging

Edited for security.

PLEASE NEVER TRY THIS YOU DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF CURRENT COULD BE RUNNING THROUGH THAT OK MOST OF THE TIME WITH LAPTOP CHARGERS ITS ONLY A SMALL CURRENT BUT IF ITS NOT CHARGING IT MEANS ITS PROBABLY FAULTY THEREFORE COULD BE PUSHING ALL SORTS OF ELECTRICITY THROUGH

NOT VERY SMART

Edited for security.
OMFG that would be very stupid ,i mean how are you supposed to know what current or voltage the adaptor is pushing through , could be broken and is pushing a whole 230v than you are gonna be sued so badly

Reported post, the member who made the report stated that it was a "very stupid comment to make as young persons 10 years old or younger could be reading this thread" & I agree with him, there are two members who have posted here, whose advice was potentially dangerous, & was commented on by others, I won't name them, but care must be taken at all times to insure that advice given is safe, please abide by the rules on this.

Yoink! All edited.
yeah thats prolly for the best all round

anyway at the origonal thread poster

i would a take the battery out and clean the contacts on the battery and on the laptop
then look at the power supply , if you have another laptop and it takes the same voltage and current then it would be fine to try on another laptop

i would then suspect the connection on the laptop is broken , in which csase will either need a new laptop or need repairing

i would then suspect the connection on the laptop is broken , in which csase will either need a new laptop or need repairing

that was my original thought before things got outta hand. I know atleast where i work repair on that part is $300+ american depending on if a new connecter is needed, and if it's harder than usual. If the laptop is more than 2 years old and it is the connection on the laptop, consider a new one.

that was my original thought before things got outta hand. I know atleast where i work repair on that part is $300+ american depending on if a new connecter is needed, and if it's harder than usual. If the laptop is more than 2 years old and it is the connection on the laptop, consider a new one.
if the lappy is more than 2 years old i would just list on ebay as faulty and someone will buy it for spares/repairs, thats what i did with my old compaw armada m700 and someone bought it for about $45 and so i was happy

although if you bought it brand new it may still be under gurantee i would check that first

Back
Top Bottom