Uninstalling Linux

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

i installed linux about a month ago and during the installation it asked how big i wanted to make the partition ? ( i thought it ment for linux but apparently it ment for my existing OS) so i just chose 40 Gb as i only had 160Gb hardrive and didnt really use linux that much

and i jusg notied that my computer popped up saying running out of disk space while running windows xp pro i only have like 800 Mb left

so i was just gonna c if there was a way to take some of the 120Gb linux partition and have it back on my windows 1 but now i think i just wonna remove linux and have my single partition back

HOW DO I DO THIS LOL i have partition magic could i just formate the linux partition then merge them ?

You will need to do that, but you will also need to enter recovery console, so you can fix the boot.

fixboot and fixmbr.

i was wondering how to do this aswell. as i dont use linux much. Ihusers way sounds good to me. i knew i could get rid of it with partition magic i just forgot how to fix the boot thing.

by recovery console you mean the 1 on xp disks or linux recovery console ???

im guessing format linux partition

merge the 2 partitions

then what would i need to do i have used recovery console b 4 but along time ago

n e 1 have instructions / walkthrough

thanks ;)

format the linux partition in partition magic, then merge them. then boot up using the xp disc. once it loads it will have an option for the recovery console. once you choose all the settings and stuff you can then type in what Ihuser said and it should fix it.

oh lol i just got through to the recovery console and i have forgot my admin password

im sure its 1 of 5 passwords i just tried it 3 times and had to reboot lol will c if the 4th and 5th are the right password lol

thanks guys all done

was just a bit worried when doin fixmbr it asked if i was sure coz i might not be able to see all partitions ??

but i did it n e way

and i might even keep my second partition and use it as storage are there n e performanace advantages of this ??????

just wondering

Well, just the utilisation of a second partition. It uses the HDD a little bit more better. The first in the beggining and the second at the middle of the disk.

Back
Top Bottom