whats the difference between university and college?

Yeah, must be different because you have to be at least 18 to start full time uni here..

No you don't, there's a guy in my class this year who left school early and started aged 16, and Oxford let in an 11 year old child prodigy.

18 is the general age, and some universities won't let you in younger but it's not the law.

in the us, a college is for a specific field of study, and a university is made up of lots of colleges. for example, a teach going to Ohio State University would be in the college of education.

Basically College was great, University sucks. I'm not into the whole freedom thing when it comes to education, because at the university I'm at, I feel like I have too much and work doesn't get done etc, and with all the things they have on work being late and losing marks, etc, its horrible.

Theres just no real support, and teachers don't explain stuff properly. They seem to expect you to get on with it, but I don't work like that.
I've almost failed, yet, I got top marks in College on the course I was on.

Basically College was great, University sucks. I'm not into the whole freedom thing when it comes to education, because at the university I'm at, I feel like I have too much and work doesn't get done etc, and with all the things they have on work being late and losing marks, etc, its horrible.

Theres just no real support, and teachers don't explain stuff properly. They seem to expect you to get on with it, but I don't work like that.
I've almost failed, yet, I got top marks in College on the course I was on.

Yes, but what University are you at? Where is it? And what course are you doing? Things like that affect the feedback you get given, you know.

I know. I'm annoyed at my university, but its probably my fault too.

Many universities are too laid back when working, yet are strict underneath in terms of marks, etc, and timing.

Back
Top Bottom