What do I do?

Lamilia

Solid State Member
My pc goes to a black screen after the windows xp start up screen and doesn't do anything unless I turn it off and go to safe mode for a while then restart and try again. I don't get why because everytime I just do random stuff while in safe mode but it always works. What do I do to fix it so it always start up no matter what?

sounds like possibly a bad driver or even a virus. Have you made any changes to your computer recently?

Could be a corrupt installation of Windows. Try reformatting and installing it over again.

Could be a corrupt installation of Windows. Try reformatting and installing it over again.
My pc has been working with no problem for quite a while so I don't think I installed xp wrong..
sounds like possibly a bad driver or even a virus. Have you made any changes to your computer recently?
Nah I checked for viruses and i've installed a few things but nothing that should change Windows XP startup....startup..I did take out something in the startup things but it was for java I believe..I'll try putting it back and see if that fixes it. Actually I'll just put everything back and slowly take out the stuff I don't want just to make sure I didn't take out anything I need, but why would it work when I went to safe mode then restarted? It almost sounds like it needs to heat up before it runs right...but that wouldn't make any sense.

Oh okay. So this just suddenly happened?

Could it have been from something you recently installed? It could have corrupted something, especially if the application required changing something within the system files or registry.

i would have said its your graphics drivers (even if it is onboard) try booting into safe mode and update your graphics driver

how would the video card do that ? when my card corupted the whole screen when purple dotted.

i had a similar problem but my screen went black but the cursor was on the screen and Moved VERY Jerkily :D,I found out that it was caused by a flat clock battery,So maybe try doing that.

Back
Top Bottom