Laptop Not Charging

Krucial Element

Baseband Member
ok here is my problem......i have an ibm t30 laptop and out of nowhere it stoped charging.....is there a way that i can test my charger to see if it still works.....thanks in advanced

NO NO Don't do that!!!
All power packs are not universal. You find the oddest voltages on laptop power packs. If you plug that one in another lappy you might just toast it. Plus the polarity make be different. A simple check with a meter is your best bet. However a good reading with no load is not a guarantee under load it will supply the correct amount of juice.

Oh and BTW does it work but just not charge the battery?

no it wont even turn on when it is hooked up into the outlet.....that battery isnt the problem im like 40% percent sure

It's probably not the AC adapter. Check the battery. You probably need a new one.

Yea check the battery.

But you have the same laptop so just check it in that one...

How's the connectino on the comptuer where teh AC adapter plugs in? is it loose? If it is, it might not be working because it is not getting a good connection with your computer's components.

try removing your battery and then plugging the laptop charger in to see if it boots

my old old laptop had a completely dead battery and when i tried booting it with the charger it would not coz the battery would not accept charge off the charger and the laptop was looking to boot off the battery so when i took the battery out it was looking to boot off the charger and worked fine

when you plug it into the wall are you getting anything? any lights on the cable box? Is the laptop lighting up? or is it completly not responding?

Back
Top Bottom